Social Media Content Creator and Community Manager, Freelance Contract
Posted Jan 17, 2024 - Requisition No. 122641
Bloomberg Live Experiences deliver compelling, news-making convenings that harness the power of our global, wide-reaching newsroom and enable our premium audiences with the actionable insights and meaningful connections they need to succeed in work and in life.
Bloomberg is seeking a part-time Social Media Content Creator and Community Manager to join the Bloomberg Live Experiences team and will play a key role in amplifying the Qatar Economic Forum powered by Bloomberg.
You are a social media specialist with a proven track record of developing and implementing social media programs for global audiences. You have a deep understanding of how social media integrates into comprehensive marketing strategies aimed at both attracting prospective audiences, as well as engaging our existing community. You are passionate about leveraging data and insights to optimize and evolve social strategies and constantly seek creative ways to increase the impact of our messaging in the social space. You have the ability to take a single story and package it in different ways on each platform to ensure optimal performance.
This role is responsible for creating and executing social plans for the Qatar Economic Forum in both Arabic and English. This role is multifaceted as it supports editorial, audience, marketing and commercial sponsorship requirements of the business and will act as a key point of contact for the Qatar Economic Forum’s social strategy and efforts. This role is global in nature collaborating with Americas, EMEA and APAC regions and based in Doha. Prior experience running social media campaigns for global media and/or events is a must.
We’ll trust you to:
Social Media Content Strategy
- Develop and execute social media strategies to promote Bloomberg Live Experiences, ensuring alignment with the company's mission and brand.
- Stay abreast of social media best practices, trends, and technologies to keep Bloomberg Live Experiences ahead of the curve.
- Drive the Qatar Economic Forum social media calendar and align the execution with a cross-functional team.
- Aggregate data from primary platform metrics and interpret data into macro dashboards.
- Define key performance indicators and measure, analyze and adapt social strategies accordingly.
- Analyze and provide insights of campaign results.
Social Media Content Development
- Concept, execute and strategize QEF social media content and work alongside marketing and editorial teams to provide content creation.
- Author and design content for various platforms, including posts, images, videos, and stories, to mobilize and inspire our community.
- Produce, shoot, and edit engaging video content for each social platform.
- Contribute ideas, manage, and write omnichannel copy on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Manage all copy and content deadlines, ensuring timely delivery and execution.
- Research, fact check, and cite all original content.
You'll need to have:
- 5 years proven experience in social media, specifically content and community management.
- Fluency in both English and Arabic.
- Strong social copywriting skills for online platforms.
- Video editing experience using Adobe Premiere Pro; a firm grasp of complementary Adobe Creative Cloud software including Photoshop is an asset
- Experience working with social media aggregator tools.
- Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Deep understanding of the social media landscape, industry trends, regulatory environment, and measurement.
- Tight-knit collaboration skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Consistent track record of driving growth across social platforms.
- A love for news and a wide knowledge of topics in business, markets, entertainment, politics, technology and sports.
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)