2023 Data Summer Internship Dubai (Arabic Speaker)
Posted Sep 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 108875
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
As a Data Intern, you will have a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into meaningful insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. You will have a natural eye for detail, an interest in the data that feeds the financial markets, and an appetite for understanding how technology can be used to enhance workflows, improve quality and expand coverage. You will collect, clean and present data, which moves markets and empowers our clients to make the right decisions on the iconic Bloomberg Terminal. You will work with our analysts who provide unparalleled customer service, establish relationships with key market players in the financial industry, inspire news content, and revolutionize Data at Bloomberg!
This role is based in Dubai, however the first two weeks of the programme will be hosted in our London office to complete the initial training period. Please note successful interns will be made an offer for a full-time role based in our Dubai office.
What’s in it for you?
- Gain hands-on exposure to our systems, processes, clients and the financial markets
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our systems and current processes
- Discover how we maintain the standards of accuracy and timeliness for which our data is famous for
- Carry out real projects that have an exponential impact on our systems and clients
- Learn how we assist our clients with data-related queries
- Receive in-depth training in the areas of terminal navigation, computer scripting languages and professional development skills all from world-class professionals
- Be mentored by one of our experienced Analysts throughout the 10-week internship
- Gain feedback on how to continue to develop your skills and expertise
- Strong passion for data, technology and finance
- Prior coursework or involvement within a field like Finance, Economics, Information Systems, Mathematics, or other applied sciences
- Strong aptitude for problem solving and the drive to think creatively
- A demonstrable commitment to enhancing and developing products
- Are currently enrolled in a university with a graduation date of 2024
- Availability to commit to the entire internship program length (June – August)
- Business Fluency in Arabic
You’ll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- Recent work experience, internship or coursework in Finance, Business, Statistics, Data Modelling, or related discipline
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management
- Effective project management skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment to extracurricular activities and interests
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Please note this is a two-stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.