Debt Capital Markets Data Specialist
Posted Mar 22, 2019 - Requisition No. 74318
You love the pace of the financial markets. You're always on the pulse with the latest market movements. You're the type of person that looks beyond the headline. You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying financial data that inspires breaking news, financial reporting and analysis.
You enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems and working with clients directly. You're just the sort of person we are looking for to join our Debt Capital Markets team in our Global Data department!
What you can expect from this opportunity?
Joining the Global Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data; providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs and build relationships throughout the company.
You’ll successfully apply your knowledge to consistently provide timely, accurate, and comprehensive data for our clients to make business decisions. In addition to ingesting and analysing data, you will provide superior customer service both internally and externally. Engaging with clients to understand their problems in order to expand our product offering and create solutions for clients needs will be an integral part of your role.
We will trust you to:
- Develop relationships with some of the world's largest companies, lead Managers and Trustees to ensure the accuracy and timely collation of this information
- Source and validate raw fixed income data that enables our clients to make better informed decisions
- Maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high quality information for the Bloomberg Professional Service, covering Middle Eastern and African markets
- Manage projects to optimise processes and/or improve the quality of our data products
- Support Sales and represent Bloomberg by visiting clients and/or engaging in industry events to promote our data products
- Working closely with key market players supporting them in developing the Fixed Income markets in the MENA region
- Build industry relationships to source content that is not publically available
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated domain expertise covering Middle Eastern Fixed Income markets
- Expert-level knowledge of data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritise tasks accordingly
- High proficiency in MS Excel
- Demonstrated project management skills, CAPM, PMP and/or CSM preferred
- Fluency in English
It would be great, but not required, if you have:
- Knowledge in information technology or statistical analysis or computer programming (for example VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python)
- Leadership experience or skills
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
- A master's degree in Finance, Economics or Information Systems
- Fluency in English, Arabic and French
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.