Event Manager - Mat Cover (7 Month Contract) - Dubai
Posted Jun 10, 2021 - Requisition No. 91335
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. You're the type of person who has a passion for people and events planning. More so, should you enjoy dealing with people and be someone who knows what customer service really means, we would love to have that initial conversation with you.
In this position, you will be responsible for the development, planning, management and execution of Bloomberg events for the Middle East and Africa region.
We’ll trust you to:
- Plan and execute event programmes for the Bloomberg events portfolio (In-Person, Virtual & Hybrid)
- Demonstrate expertise in event production, vendor negotiation, event contract procedures, logistics, and audience management
- Execute a wide range of small-scale and more complex proprietary, hosted and third party events including, but not limited to roundtables, forums, receptions, tradeshows, conferences, client hospitality etc.
- Ensure successful format development and implementation of third party and proprietary programs that drive business results
- Manage Marketing and client relationship as it relates to specific event
- Provide event-level strategy guidance by leveraging program strategy insights, best practices and tools
- Integrate event activity with other sales/marketing/ product team priorities to drive consistent brand messaging / integrity across campaign structure
- Work with Marketing and business units to create event opportunities that drive the business forward
- Infuse customized, creative, out-of-the-box ideas and solutions for events
- Develop functional relationships with Marketing and/or clients as it relates to specific events
- Collaborate directly with Bloomberg internal teams such as Creative Agency, Work Place Operations, Marketing, Hospitality teams, and A/V to coordinate onsite events
- Ensure compliance to budget, expenses, and reconciliations on a per event basis
- Domestic and international travel may be required
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Experienced and confident in events/experiential planning within a Global company environment, agency or media/news/financial organization.
- Experience of utilising technology, digital and social media tactics into Events.
- Moderate skill-level with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Accomplished industry professional with excellent knowledge and thorough comprehension of event logistics and management of events
- Ability to suggest & enhance functionality on event management / tracking systems
- Must have a strong understanding of social media networks
- Technology industry interest and understanding a plus
- Ability to work independently & flexibly (travel and extended hours) under tight deadlines
We’d love to see:
- Track record of success in working in and influencing a fast-paced, fast-growing global organization
- Ability to communicate ideas in a professional and articulate manner
- A high degree of poise, patience, and flexibility
- High energy, problem solving, self-starter, results oriented, proactive individual with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to effectively lead and influence internal/external partners towards intended and successful results
- Ability to work successfully and efficiently with minimal supervision, yet seeks and takes direction appropriately
- Ability to make sound decisions consistent with business needs
- Strong interpersonal skills and is extremely effective working in a team environment
- Commitment to further expanding knowledge base
- Possess knowledge of the Firm's different businesses and how their particular area or function fits into the "big picture"
- Put the needs of the client/customer first and puts Firm's interests ahead of his or her self-interest
- Actively address issues/conflicts by offering solutions and escalating as needed
- Possess a track record of consistently conducting himself/herself in an ethical and exemplary manner and with the highest degree of integrity
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org