Gulf Government Reporter
Posted Jul 26, 2019 - Requisition No. 76327
Bloomberg News is seeking an experienced reporter to cover government news across the Persian Gulf, a region shaped by changing economic forces and rivalry between Saudi Arabia and Iran, all under the watchful eye of the U.S., Russia, Europe and China.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with the skills and tenacity to anchor our Gulf political coverage, working with colleagues to break news and produce memorable enterprise stories that explain to our global audience the complex issues at play in the region.
We're looking for an adept source-builder who can tell us what's going on behind the headlines and move stories forward.
You'll write with flair, speed and authority, unpacking complex developments for an audience eager to know more about this key region. You will spot emerging trends and be quick to join the dots, including the way geopolitical developments are tied to oil and the economy. You will work collaboratively with reporters on other teams and in other regions.
This job is posted in Dubai, though other locations would be considered.
We'll count on you to:
- Jump on big breaking news and build out front page stories
- Be comfortable sending breaking news headlines as well as writing authoritative stories that explain the region's complicated dynamics
- Produce scoops
- Develop a broad network of contacts from Yemen to the UAE and beyond
- Be willing to travel
You’ll need to have:
- At least 5 years??? experience at a major news agency, with time spent in the Middle East
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proven record of working in a competitive news environment
- Excels in a fast-paced news environment and makes sound news decisions quickly
- Strong work ethic and unwavering commitment to accuracy
- Works well in a team and collaborates with a broad network
- Fluency in Arabic or Farsi is a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch to let you know next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.