Media Senior Event Manager (12 Month Contract) - Dubai
Posted May 4, 2023 - Requisition No. 116040
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. You're the type of person who has a passion for people and events planning. More so, should you enjoy dealing with people and be someone who knows what customer service really means, we would love to have that initial conversation with you.
In this position, you will be responsible for the development, planning, management and execution of Media events across Bloomberg in the Middle East and Africa.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop, plan and execute sales and marketing event programs to support business objectives
- Use Bloomberg-specific event execution tools, systems and infrastructure to deliver events
- Collaborate with marketing program managers to ensure the successful deployment AND integration of events with external partners (government agencies, conference organizers, key associations, etc.) and creation of unique event experiences that communicate our key messages
- Project manages mid-high level complex events (in-person, virtual and hybrid programs) effectively to infuse customized, out-of-the-box ideas and solutions for events
- Lead the creative process, including invitations, in-person and virtual event production, audio visual requirements (including show calling), virtual platforms and components, etc.
- Lead projects with multiple partners (across different geographies and businesses) and teams from inception to delivery
- Leverage relationships with business stakeholders to go beyond execution excellence, connecting the products, audiences, and markets to event formats and programs
- Prepare and align event budgets, negotiate with vendors, ensure payments & reconciliations take place in a timely manner
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 7 years of event/experiential planning (based in the Middle East)
- Highly articulate, polished, and able to present to all levels of management
- The ability to multi-task and work flexibly under tight deadlines
- Experience integrating events into marketing campaigns; understands the role that events play within the integrated marketing communications framework and works to ensure that the right type of events are being planned at the right time
- Ability to work successfully and efficiently with minimal supervision; yet seeks and takes direction appropriately
- Strong interpersonal skills and very effective working in a team environment
We’d love to see:
- Track record of success working in and influencing a fast-paced, fast-growing global organization on in-person and virtual events in emerging markets in particular across Africa
- An Arabic Speaker
- High energy, problem solving, self-starter, results oriented, proactive individual with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to effectively lead and influence internal/external partners towards intended and successful results
What’s it like to work here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. But it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives from helping local school kids with their reading to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com