Senior Designer, Middle East & Africa
Posted Jan 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 99526
What is the future of storytelling in podcasts, social videos, immersive articles and longform documentaries? How can data clarify and create new perspectives? Where are the new ideas – and people –shaping our global future? What does the future of finance, the future of work, the future of cities, and the future of health look like?
At Bloomberg Media Studios, we confront these questions every day. As the global studio at the heart of Bloomberg Media Group, we develop creative solutions for brands that leverage Bloomberg’s mission, intelligence, and equity for Bloomberg’s core audiences.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television and OTT, digital, magazine, podcast and radio, and live event platforms across the globe, and Bloomberg Media has become the indispensable source of information for the world’s most influential business leaders of today and for the next generation of leaders changing how we work and live.
Senior Designer, Middle East & Africa
Expanding on our successful content solutions for clients in the Middle East and Africa, Bloomberg Media Studios is establishing a new creative studio in Dubai to build our presence in this dynamic and growing region.
We’re searching for a Senior Designer, Middle East & Africa who will be the ambassador for Bloomberg Media Studios in Dubai. This role will execute the creative vision for a projects spanning the breadth of the Studio’s offerings. They will work closely with clients and under the direction of the Executive Editor to deliver thoughtful and elegant design solutions for each component of a campaign.
As the design leader of Bloomberg Media Studios’Middle East & Africa team, you will be charged with managing the creative workload as both an individual contributor as well as by working through (and with) a network of freelance designers. The design Lead should also be able to contribute to ideation as well as execution of projects. This creative ideation will be expected in both the pre and post-sale phases of work. The Senior Designer will connect regularly with the Global Design Lead to share best practices and ensure that Bloomberg Media Studios maintains a consistent global voice while understanding the unique qualities of the Middle East and Africa region.
We are passionate about developing innovative ideas and committed to working for a company that places purpose at the center of its business, and understands that creativity depends on a healthy, balanced, and supportive work environment.
We’ll trust you to:
- Produce creative executions with stopping power that help to bolster Bloomberg Media Studio’s reputation in the region for innovative design
- Craft cutting edge design for digital articles, custom coded immersive experiences, and print while providing art direction for motion graphics and illustration
- Develop innovative design solutions that are tailored for consumption across all existing and emerging platforms
- Manage the design work through all phases of production but also be equally comfortable in taking a hands-on approach
- Develop data- and insight-driven concepts and their corresponding design executions as part of the creative process
- Autonomously own a large project from kickoff to completion, often balancing multiple projects at once
- Build confidence with clients through compelling presentation of design direction and creative concepts
- Assist in building a network of design freelancers capable of producing the highest quality work
- Function as an expert voice on all matters pertaining to design best practices both internally and with clients
- Collaborate with cross-functional team on implementation feasibility to ensure conceptual and digital experiential executions are realizable
- Transform complex ideas into through compelling data visualization and stories
You’ll need to have:
- 7-10 years of experience design and strong interactive and video work experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience as a senior art/design director
- Expert level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, and web design software (Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD)
- Highly collaborative approach with our team of writers, editors and animators
- Fluency across deliverables that fit with a cross-channel approach (style frames and/or storyboards for video, screen states for immersive experiences etc)
- Impeccable design portfolio demonstrating a mix of digital, print, and motion graphics
- Ability to provide timely, helpful feedback to improve creative processes and to keep work on budget and schedule
- Experience working with Strategy teams to synthesize results into meaningful design decisions
- Experience developing creative for RFPs including mocks, mood boards, and written ideas
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org