Bloomberg PolarLake delivers the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
Why Bloomberg PolarLake?
At Bloomberg Polarlake, You’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and want to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sound like you. We’d love to hear from you.
What is Bloomberg PolarLake? Follow the link https://vimeo.com/191984727 and See for yourself!
What’s the role?
The Application Support Group is responsible for maintaining product and technical expertise in all of the PolarLake products and services.
Bloomberg PolarLake is looking for a highly technical and deeply motivated individual to join an ever changing support environment.
What will you be doing?
- As a member of the Application Support team, you will field requests covering all client enquiries
- You will handle all levels of support, dealing with the initial analysis of a ticket and progress further with the customer through implementation to resolution.
- Use remote support tools to install, change or assist with various technical issues and requests
- Provide administrative tools to handle and maintain network access and stability
- You will be diligent in root cause identification and remediation
- As a team member, you will contribute towards process improvement, creating new methods, policies and processes, allowing Bloomberg PolarLake to exceed business goals.
What would we like you to have?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems/Technology or equivalent experience
- Experience programming in Java (or supporting a Java based application)
- Proficient in writing SQL / PL/SQL (Oracle preferred)
- Knowledge of XML and XML tools e.g. XQuery, XPath is a plus
- Knowledge of Python is an advantage
- Analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, with a technical emphasis
- Client focused with the ability to understand, anticipate and effectively respond to customer needs
- Knowledge of Financial Data is a plus
- Knowledge of JIRA or equivalent helpdesk system
Our benefits are not bad either!!
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Health insurance for you and your dependents
- Life Assurance
- Disability Assurance
- Paid parental leave (4 weeks)
- Tax saver scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- Discounts on Bloomberg sponsored events
- Fun events for employees, friends & family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.