BDMS Product Manager
Posted Sep 15, 2020 - Requisition No. 85059
Bloomberg Data Management Service Ltd is part of Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become the $1B business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking the time to understand their unique business while focusing on specific data and technology needs.
Bloomberg DMS has a mission to "Simplify Data Management". DMS provides a managed service that provides improvements in Data Quality, Operational Process and Control, and Data Governance. Firms that contribute to utilizing DMS can eliminate data inconsistencies inherent in working with multiple vendors and lower overall costs, providing these firms with a strategic advantage.
What’s the role?
The business is looking for a highly focused Product Manager to join the Bloomberg Enterprise Data Management Services team.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a strong understanding of enterprise data and the shifting demands of our buy/sell side clients. A successful candidate will be responsible for enhancing and expanding our DMS product offerings by working with internal and external clients, product development, client services, and engineering teams to assist with the definition & development of a sophisticated, cloud-based data management service. A successful candidate will be a self-starter who can confidently establish connections and engage with our client base.
We’ll trust you to:
- Create clear, concise and complete requirements analysis, specifications and business processes documentation when required.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to define and scope product requirements and functional specifications.
- Collaborate with internal and client teams throughout a client on boarding process to ensure a timely and quality deliverable
- Deliver new product information and product updates to stakeholders (e.g. sales, marketing, engineering, support functions and clients)
- Providing support and direction to internal teams in the definition of technical solutions for the platform and business/functional solutions for the product suite
- Understand the product platform and its components and have the ability to use that understanding to build solutions that are valuable to our clients.
- Contribution to the creation of best practices through the identification of opportunities and new ideas
- Participation in the development of the data model
- Scope to influence the strategic direction of the products
- Sharing and building knowledge across the Product team
You'll need to have:
- You would ideally have 10 years’ experience of financial or Fintech industry, particularly with experience related to reference data and pricing.
- Requires a high proficiency and in-depth knowledge of:
- Knowledge of security and trading lifecycle, typical front/middle/back office functions would be an advantage
- Knowledge of EDM systems and software development lifecycle would be an advantage
- Experience working in an Agile environment would be an advantage.
- Data Modelling experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Must be interested in meeting clients, prospects, learning about the industry and the challenges of implementing EDM, helping our global sales force
- Demonstrable high degree of analytical skills is important
- Thought leadership, passion and excitement for the product space. Excellent communication, able to handle multiple projects and priorities with judgment and time management skills
Multiple asset classes including, but not limited to, Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives, Mortgages and their typical attributes and lifecycles
Data used in the Securities industry, especially related to Reference Data, Pricing, FX, Entity Data, OTCs
Data feeds from vendors such as Bloomberg, ICE, Six, Refinitiv
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.