Bloomberg PolarLake delivers the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
Why Bloomberg PolarLake?
At Bloomberg Polarlake, You’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and want to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sound like you. We’d love to hear from you.
What is Bloomberg PolarLake? Click on the link below and See for yourself!
What’s the role?
As a Senior Business Analyst you will play a key role within the Business Analyst team, working in a dynamic and challenging environment with an industry leading global fintech organisation. Working with internal and external clients, product development and client services teams to assist with the definition & development of a sophisticated data management product and systems.
What you will be doing:
- Create clear, concise and complete requirements analysis, specifications and business processes documentation when required
- Collaborate with internal and client teams throughout a client implementation process to ensure a timely and quality deliverable
- Providing support to the Architects, Designers and R&D in the definition of technical solutions for the platform and index data management product
- Provide appropriate feedback on product requirements
- Understand the product platform and its components
- Participation in project based work to design and implement solutions to meet new business requirements
- Participation in the strategic development existing financial products and data model
- Participation and engagement with Senior management
- Scope to influence the strategic direction of the product – primarily the index data management product
Business Analysis Team Development
- Contribution to the creation of best practices through the identification of opportunities and new ideas
- Contribution to the development of internal processes and procedures
- Sharing and building knowledge across the Business Analysis team
What we would like you to have:
- You would ideally have 5-7 years’ experience of financial or fintech industry, particularly with experience related to fixed income securities
- Requires a high proficiency and in-depth knowledge of the:
- data used in the Securities industry (especially related to Fixed Income Index Data, Fixed Income Pricing, Fixed Income Entity Data and Fixed Income Corporate Actions)
- data feeds from vendors such as Bloomberg Barclays, BAML, CITI, JP Morgan, iBoxx, etc.
- financial products and multi asset classes
- A proven track record in the financial/fintech industry
- Broad business insight and understanding of software development processes is appreciated
- Demonstrable high degree of analytical skills is important
- Use of scripting languages such as Python a distinct advantage but not required
- Handle multiple projects and priorities with advanced judgment and time management skills
- Flexible, adaptable and passionate about innovation
- Pro-active, delivery focused with a hands-on, can-do attitude
- Motivated self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with both technical and business audiences
- Desire for continuous learning and growth
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), analytical and problem solving skills and -demonstrate the ability to think creatively and independently to solve problems and complete projects
- Good facilitation and influencing skills - able to work with large groups (of varying levels of seniority from user to board level)
Our benefits are not bad either!!
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Health insurance for you and your dependents
- Life Assurance
- Disability Assurance
- Paid parental leave (4 weeks)
- Tax saver scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- Discounts on Bloomberg sponsored events
- Fun events for employees, friends & family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.