Bloomberg PolarLake delivers the world’s foremost Data Management Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
Why Bloomberg PolarLake?
At Bloomberg Polarlake, You’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and want to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sound like you. We’d love to hear from you.
What is Bloomberg PolarLake? Click on the link https://vimeo.com/191984727 and See for yourself!
What’s the role?
Do you share our passion for data quality, know how to work with world class engineering teams and want to drive the direction of our product?
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will have responsibility for shaping our Business Intelligence Platform, the underlying OLAP Model, creating BI Reports and Analytics as well as building innovative applications using Deep Learning and Data Analysis techniques.
What we would like you to have;
- Development focused, with proven ability to analyze and model structured financial data using advanced statistical methods and implement algorithms and software needed to perform financial analysis.
- Experience in dimensional modelling and data model optimization for BI applications a must have.
- Experience of building BI solutions, data lakes, data warehouses and/or ETL, ideally using Big Data technologies such as Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Apache Hive, Apache Hadoop or Apache Kylin
- Proven ability to use languages such as R and Python for Data Analysis.
- Practical experience in the application of machine learning, natural language, and statistical analysis methods, such as classification, association rules, sentiment analysis, topic modelling, time-series analysis, regression analysis, statistical inference, interpolation
- Ability to drive information gathering and to document business, functional and non-functional requirements of Data/BI initiatives.
- Proven ability in data visualization.
- Understanding of business intelligence/data warehousing technology: such as Apache Hive, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Teradata and other OLAP Technologies
- Proficiency in analysis tools and libraries: such as SAS, Matlab, NumPy, Pandas, SciPy
- Experience of semantic web technologies (OWL / RDF), standard ontologies (FOAF, ORG, Dublin Core) and semantic modelling an advantage
- Proven ability to teach developers data science/BI concepts.
- Strong understanding of the data used in the Risk Management and Securities industry (Security Master, Index Data, Pricing, Entity Data and Corporate Actions), Investment banking is desirable
- Five years of professional experience working as a Data Scientist/BI Engineer.Masters degree or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Operations Research, with a minimum of two years of relevant experience.
- Experience of data feeds from vendors such as Bloomberg, SIX, Telekurs, IDC, Markit
- Familiar with two or more of the following concepts; Data Quality, Data Classification/Taxonomies, Data Transformation, Data warehouse Design, OLAP, ETL, Time Series Data, Structured, Unstructured Data
Our benefits are not bad either!!
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Health insurance for you and your dependents
- Life Assurance
- Disability Assurance
- Paid parental leave (4 weeks)
- Tax saver scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- Discounts on Bloomberg sponsored events
- Fun events for employees, friends & family
- Access to on-going training and development
- An experienced technical peer group
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.