DevSecOps Engineer - Data Management Services
Posted Jan 31, 2024 - Requisition No. 122930
Bloomberg Data Management Services (DMS), delivers a comprehensive Data Utility to the Financial Markets. We operate at the forefront of big data and data science. Our clients experience immediate improvement in data quality, operational process and control, reaction to change and data governance when they on-board to our private cloud - hosted service. Our distributed system of micro-services generates insight, processing terabytes of data on a daily basis. Customers depend on our web platform and the 24/7/365 support we offer.
Our team works closely with product, engineering and security groups to build and scale our continuous security program. We help to secure our customer data, application configurations, and infrastructure from growing cybersecurity threats. We deal with all stages, workflows and underlying components supporting the software development life-cycle. You’ll have a chance to help introduce and implement industry best practices, continuously improve the development process and drive a culture of security through automation, education, and knowledge sharing.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work directly with our security, product, and engineering teams to implement CI/CD and security best practices across our private cloud infrastructure and applications
- Continually research, communicate, promote and implement improvements in automation and security technologies, deployments and monitoring
- Drive a culture of security through education, knowledge sharing, and advising/consulting with internal teams
- Support and contribute to internal security policies and processes ensuring organizational, vendor and customer data is secure
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication in English.
- Prior experience in a DevOps/DevSecOps Engineering role
- Experience with Linux-based systems and containerized environments
- Experience securing Linux based infrastructure via configuration management tools (Ansible or equivalent)
- Knowledge of software load-balancers, reverse proxies technologies and associated design patterns
- Experience working with modern Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous - Delivery (CD) pipelines and underlying components and workflows, including SCM tools
- To be a self-starter and a problem-solver with strong continuous learning mentality
- A proven track record of engaging and influencing key decision making processes
- A collaborative approach and an ability to work in a team
We’d love to see
- Experience with Kubernetes or equivalent container orchestration platforms
- Experience working with modern monitoring platforms (e.g. Prometheus)
- Exposure to leading cloud technology platforms (e.g. AWS/GCP)
- Experience with/supporting relational database management platforms (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Prior domain experience in security and with industry-leading secrets management platforms (e.g. Hashicorp Vault)
To find out more about Engineering at Bloomberg and our team, check out the links below:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org