Bloomberg PolarLake delivers the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
Why Bloomberg PolarLake?
At Bloomberg PolarLake, You’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and want to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sound like you. We’d love to hear from you.
What is Bloomberg PolarLake? Click on the link https://vimeo.com/191984727 and See for yourself!
What’s the role?
The Engineering Group is responsible for product development, maintenance and evolution of the Bloomberg PolarLake Data Utility products and services.
This is a strategic role requiring strong technical and communications skills. Bloomberg PolarLake is seeking a deeply motivated individual to join an ever changing and complex engineering environment. The candidate should have a proven track record of large system design and architecture, have an inquisitive mind and an ability to drive the technology roadmap.
What will you be doing?
- As a Lead Engineer, you will
- Drive overall system architecture and design
- Focus on reliability, scalability, maintainability, security of our Application
- Carry out individual performance management in order to maintain and improve productivity and quality
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Mentoring and training of current and new team members
- Proactively increase the efficiency of the day-to-day operations and report on team performance
- Contribute towards process improvement, create and implement new methods, policies and processes, allowing Bloomberg PolarLake to exceed business goals and service reliability.
What would we like you to have?
- Expert software design skills, understand the pitfalls of design decisions
- Expert in a Microservices, REST, distributed application environment
- Expert in Java, Python, Groovy, DSL, Functional Programming
- Expert with Oracle, Elastic Search, or other NoSQL storage mechanisms
- Expert in messaging and streaming technologies such as RMQ or Kafka
- UNIX power user skills
- Knowledge of XML and XML tools e.g. XQuery, XPath is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or Masters in Computer Science or Software Engineering or related technical discipline
- Demonstrate excellent Leadership skills through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork
- Experience in full-time Engineering lead role
- Strong communication skills, with a technical emphasis
- The individual will be
- self-motivated and creative who is not afraid to take the initiative and thrives under pressure
- a detailed orientated, strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- a team player with effective time management who is willing to learn and grow
Our benefits are not bad either!!
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Health insurance for you and your dependents
- Life Assurance
- Disability Assurance
- Paid parental leave (4 weeks)
- Tax saver scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- Discounts on Bloomberg sponsored events
- Fun events for employees, friends & family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.