Posted Oct 9, 2019 - Requisition No. 78897
Bloomberg PolarLake delivers the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
Why Bloomberg PolarLake?
At Bloomberg PolarLake, we are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and want to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
What's the role?
This role is a broad ranging finance role that offers exposure to Irish and US accounting standards. The ideal candidate will take satisfaction in taking processes from start to finish. The role offers exposure to high level management, who make decisions locally and quickly.
We will trust you to:
- Oversee and direct our standard financial processes such as procurement, invoicing, supplier payments, billing and payroll
- Identify and implement changes to achieve efficiencies and to fit with business requirements
- Support the delivery of the monthly management information and assisting with monthly and annual reporting, ensuring compliance deadlines are met
- Timely preparation and posting of journals to support the delivery of monthly accounts
- Reviewing payroll and benefits for our teams across the globe. Working with the Company payroll team and liaising with the benefits team to ensure accuracy of information reported to management and external providers
- Assisting with delivery and preparation of the annual statutory accounts and audit for all companies within the Group; experience of Irish and US GAAP desired but not essential
- Facilitating the management of aspects of company tax and legal compliance: VAT / PAYE / Intrastat returns, corporation tax payments and returns
- Involved in other operational ad-hoc projects, as required
You'll need to have:
- An accountancy qualification or be a part-qualified member of one of the accounting bodies (CAI, ACCA, AITI, CPA or equivalent foreign qualification)
- 3 years’ experience in industry based accounting role, preferably software industry
- Proven abilities in preparing management accounts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good eye for business, excellent at prioritizing
- Good work ethic with the ability to deliver under pressure and meet deadlines
- An exacting approach backed up by consistent attention to detail
- Fluency in written and spoken English, with strong communication skills
- Experience of working with accounting software, experience with SAP is an advantage
- Excellent IT skills, with proficiency in standard financial applications (Excel, PowerPoint and word)
- Exemplary presentation, training and communication skills in English
- Can do attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves with admin tasks for office
If this sounds like you;
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/bloomberg-polarlake/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.