Bloomberg PolarLake delivers the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
Why Bloomberg PolarLake?
At Bloomberg Polarlake, You’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and want to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sound like you. We’d love to hear from you.
What is Bloomberg PolarLake? Click on the link and See for yourself!
What’s the role?
This role would offer experience in local and US accounting and auditing standards. The satisfaction of taking projects from start to finish. Exposure to high level management, who make decisions locally and quickly.
We’ll trust you to:
- Delivery of the Monthly Management Information and critical review of same before presentation to Senior Management Team, ensuring that weekly, monthly and annual reporting and compliance deadlines are met
- Delivery and preparation of the Annual Statutory Accounts and Audit for all companies within the Bloomberg PolarLake Group, with experience of FRS102 and US GAAP
- Management of all aspects of company tax and legal compliance – VAT / PAYE / Intrastat returns, Corporation tax payments and returns
- Oversight and direction of standard Finance processes such as procurement, invoicing, supplier payments, billing and payroll, identifying and implementing changes to achieve efficiencies and to fit with business requirements
- Management and motivation of a team of professional accountants, delegating as appropriate and ensuring the team are well trained and performing to the best of their abilities
- Responsible for sales projections and revenue forecasting. Working with the Company CRM system (Salesforce) and liaising with the Sales Team to ensure accuracy of information reported to Management.
- Actively participate in senior management meetings, providing accurate, adequate and clearly-defined financial information to facilitate sound decision making
- Delivery and preparation of annual budget and financial forecasts
- Involved in other operational ad-hoc projects, as required
What do I need to apply?
- A qualified member of one of the accounting bodies (ACA, FCA, ACCA or equivalent foreign qualification)
- 5 year plus experience in industry based accounting role, preferably software industry
- Proven abilities in delivering management accounts, budgeting and forecasting
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong business acumen with the ability to make sound, commercially aware decisions
- Good work ethic with the ability to deliver under pressure and meet deadlines
- An exacting approach backed up by consistent attention to detail
- Fluency in written and spoken English, with strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience of working with accounting software, experience with SAP is an advantage
- Excellent IT skills, with proficiency in standard financial applications (Excel, PowerPoint and word)
Our benefits are not bad either!!
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Taking care of what matters, Health insurance for you and your dependents
- Life Assurance
- Disability Assurance
- Paid parental leave (4 weeks)
- Tax saver scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- Discounts on Bloomberg sponsored events
- Fun events for employees, friends & family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.