Bloomberg PolarLake delivers the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
What’s the role?
The Network Engineer will provide the hands-on technical leadership needed to ensure that the Bloomberg PolarLake Network and security infrastructure continues to provide world class levels of service, security and reliability over the coming years as the business expands to become the leading global provider of Managed Enterprise Integration Services.
What you will be doing?
- Maintain the high availability, performance and security of a multi-site network.
- Design, develop, and deploy appropriate network and security solutions as requested.
- Assist with identifying, testing and developing new network technologies collaboratively that increase value for the business.
- Actively identify technology and security gaps and develop and implement appropriate solutions collaboratively.
- Ensure that the entrusted networks operate optimally. Requires tracking everything from bandwidth and CPU to licenses and processes.
- Create formal guidelines, policies and procedures related to ensuring the smooth and error-free operations of the entrusted networks.
- Rapid troubleshooting and repair of network related issues.
- Create and maintain clear and accurate network documentation.
- Ensure network, security and processes conform to approved standards.
- Stay familiar with relevant current and future technologies and trends.
- Assess configurations on a wide range of network vendor equipment such as Juniper, Cisco, Checkpoint, Radware, Bluecoat, Avocent, etc.
- Perform security reviews of network equipment and the systems/methods that manage them.
- Detailed knowledge of the OSI Model and TCP/IP protocol stack
- Detailed knowledge of network administration protocols and implementations - RADIUS, TACACS/+, 802.1x, SNMP, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of network layer security mechanisms and their weaknesses.
- Knowledge of network routing and security protocols and implementations - BGP, OSPF, VPN, IPSEC, VLANS, MPLS.
What we would like you to have:
- 5+ years of hands-on network design experience
- Extensive hands-on experience with L3/L2 network design, development and implementation.
- Extensive hands-on experience with load-balancing, firewalls, proxies and other security systems (Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper).
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, routing protocols (BGP, OSPF), multicast and Ethernet switching technologies
- Strong knowledge of application protocols (DNS, SSH, HTTP, SSL, FTP etc.) and their behaviors across LAN/WAN infrastructures.
- Experience configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting Cisco Nexus and vPC-enabled systems.
- Excellent network troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Significant documentation skills. Mostly Visio schematics.
Why Bloomberg PolarLake?
At Bloomberg Polarlake, You’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and what to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sound like you we'd love to hear from you!
What is Bloomberg? See for yourself!
Our benefits are not bad either!!
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Health insurance for you and your dependents
- Life Assurance
- Disability Assurance
- Paid parental leave (4 weeks)
- Tax saver scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Bicycle storage and Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Discounts on Bloomberg sponsored events
- Fun events for employees, friends & family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.