Platform Architect - Financial Services
Posted Apr 11, 2018 - Requisition No. 66466
Bloomberg PolarLake delivers the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
Why Bloomberg PolarLake?
At Bloomberg Polarlake, You’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and want to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sound like you. We’d love to hear from you.
What is Bloomberg PolarLake? Click on the link https://vimeo.com/191984727 and See for yourself!
What’s the role?
The Engineering Group is responsible for product development, maintenance and evolution of the Bloomberg PolarLake Data Utility products. Reporting to the platform owner, you will have responsibility for working with our engineering team leads to define and deliver the platform technical architecture.
This is a strategic role requiring strong technical and communications skills. The candidate should have a proven track record of large system design and architecture, have an inquisitive mind and an ability to drive the technology roadmap.
We’ll trust you to;
- Liaise with external and internal stakeholders to understand product requirements.
- Lead the understanding of complex data management topics, evaluate technical options, define, document and effectively communicate target state architecture.
- Define and communicate best practice architectural leadership and insight within the engineering team and to the wider organisation.
- Ensure the reliability, scalability and security of our core platform and products.
- Be hands on with our products, understand the opportunity space, and understand our clients’ needs.
- Embrace and drive forward our product-focused agile delivery process.
What we would like you to have;
- Proven expertise and experience in software architecture and development in the financial services domain (security master, pricing, entity, index data, corporate actions etc.)
- Extensive practical experience in cloud hosted, microservices based, REST and message based application environments utilising Java, Python, Groovy, and Kafka.
- Expertise with Oracle, Elastic Search, other NoSQL technologies.
- Strong understanding of the data used in the Risk Management and Securities industry, including feeds and formats from data providers (e.g. Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters ICE, Markit etc.).
- Knowledge of the following concepts; Data Quality, Data Classification/Taxonomies, Data Transformation, Data warehouse Design, OLAP, ETL, Time Series Data, Structured, Unstructured Data or similar.
- Thought leadership, passion and excitement for the product space. Excellent communication, leadership and time management skills.
- Bachelor's Degree or Masters in Computer Systems or Software Engineering or related technical discipline.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If this sound like you. We’d love to hear. Please apply by following the link.