Bloomberg PolarLake delivers the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
Why Bloomberg PolarLake?
At Bloomberg Polarlake, You’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and want to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sound like you. We’d love to hear from you.
What is Bloomberg PolarLake? Click on the link below and See for yourself!
What’s the role?
As a Product Manager you will play a key role within the recently established Product Team, working in a dynamic and challenging environment with an industry leading global Fintech organisation. Working with internal and external clients, product development, client services & engineering teams to assist with the definition & development of a sophisticated, cloud-based data management service.
What you will be doing:
- Create clear, concise and complete requirements analysis, specifications and business processes documentation when required
- Collaborate with internal and client teams throughout a client on boarding process to ensure a timely and quality deliverable
- Understand the product platform and its components
- Understand how to use the platform to build solutions which are valuable to our clients
- Participation in the development of the data model
- Providing support and direction to internal teams in the definition of technical solutions for the platform and business/functional solutions for the product suite
- Provide appropriate feedback on product requirements
- Writing functional specifications documents
- Scope to influence the strategic direction of the products
- Contribution to the creation of best practices through the identification of opportunities and new ideas
- Sharing and building knowledge across the Product team
What we would like you to have:
- You would ideally have 10 years’ experience of financial or Fintech industry, particularly with experience related to reference data and pricing.
- Requires a high proficiency and in-depth knowledge of:
- Multiple asset classes including, but not limited to, Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives, Mortgages and their typical attributes and lifecycles
- Data used in the Securities industry, especially related to Reference Data, Pricing, FX, Entity Data, OTCs
- Data feeds from vendors such as Bloomberg, ICE, Six, Thomson Reuters
- Knowledge of security and trading lifecycle, typical front/middle/back office functions would be an advantage
- Knowledge of EDM systems and software development lifecycle would be an advantage
- Data Modelling experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Exposure to some or all of the following: Python, Jupyter Notebooks, GitHub, XML/Xquery, Elastic Search, Oracle, micro-services architectures, REST APIs would be advantageous
- Must be interested in meeting clients, prospects, learning about the industry and the challenges of implementing EDM, helping our global sales force
- Demonstrable high degree of analytical skills is important
- Thought leadership, passion and excitement for the product space. Excellent communication, able to handle multiple projects and priorities with judgment and time management skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.