Production Support Engineer
Bloomberg PolarLake delivers the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
Why Bloomberg PolarLake?
At Bloomberg PolarLake, You’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and want to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sound like you. We’d love to hear from you.
What is Bloomberg PolarLake? Click on the link https://vimeo.com/191984727 and See for yourself!
What’s the role?
The Production Support Group is responsible for monitoring, managing and maintaining the Bloomberg PolarLake Data Utility products and services.
This is a strategic role requiring strong technical and communications skills. Bloomberg PolarLake is seeking a deeply motivated individual to join an ever changing and complex support environment. The candidate will need to be very organized with a logical an inquiring mind. Adept at troubleshooting, problem and incident management with the commitment and desire to see issues through to a successfully resolution.
What will you be doing?
- As a team member, you will contribute towards process improvement, create and implement new methods, policies and processes, allowing Bloomberg PolarLake to exceed business goals and service reliability.
- Systems and Application Support - work closely with the Software Development, IT Operations and Client Services teams to provide essential primary support for all Bloomberg PolarLake Data Management. You will handle all levels of support, dealing with the initial analysis of a ticket and progress with the customer through implementation and issue resolution.
- Systems and Application Monitoring – monitoring of systems, micro-services and alerts through existing monitoring systems. Pro-active management of alerts and appropriate escalation where necessary. Look for opportunities to enhance the service reliability.
What would we like you to have?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems/Technology or equivalent experience
- Experience supporting and knowledge of Java and Python based applications
- Knowledge of XML and XML tools e.g. XQuery, XPath is a plus
- Excellent IT analytical/troubleshooting skills to include extensive experience tracing problems through analysing log files, following application/systems logic
- Knowledge of and experience in writing scripts (e.g. Perl, Unix Shell, SQL)
- UNIX power user skills with ability to navigate around the system, core admin utilities would be an advantage
- Financial data knowledge experience is a plus but not essential, training will be provided
- Strong communication skills, with a technical emphasis
- Client focused with the ability to understand, anticipate and effectively respond to customer needs
- Knowledge of JIRA or equivalent issue management system
- The individual will be
- self-motivated and creative who is not afraid to take the initiative and thrives under pressure
- a detailed orientated, strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- a team player with effective time management who is willing to learn and grow
- Flexibility – all members of the team participate in early morning and out of hours support schedules
Our benefits are not bad either!!
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Health insurance for you and your dependents
- Life Assurance
- Disability Assurance
- Paid parental leave (4 weeks)
- Tax saver scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- Discounts on Bloomberg sponsored events
- Fun events for employees, friends & family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.