Bloomberg PolarLake delivers the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
Why Bloomberg PolarLake?
At Bloomberg Polarlake, You’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and want to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sound like you. We’d love to hear from you.
What is Bloomberg PolarLake? Click on the link https://vimeo.com/191984727 and See for yourself!
What’s the role?
Bloomberg PolarLake is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to work as part of the expanding QA & Test function for its Managed Service which includes the testing framework for a large web-based application. You will be a self-motivated problem solver with hands-on experience in QA & Test function with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
The purpose of this role is develop and maintain QA Test Cases (both manual and automated), ensure that quality assurance and testing is carried out in accordance with industry best practise and follows strict audit standards. This role will involve working with offshore and onshore teams.
We’ll trust you to;
- To create and execute test plans & cases and report on test execution.
- Perform manual and automated testing on applications, software services and web based applications.
- Involvement in Functional, Regression, Automation and Performance testing
- To report on test progress to the QA Manager and/or QA Lead(s)
- Represent QA function at team meetings when required
What do I need to apply?
- Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering required
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Actively perform testing duties, as required to achieve project milestones
- Exceptional attention to detail and proven ability to identify process improvement opportunities
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills with ability to communicate and collaborate with Quality Assurance, Development, Project Management and Business teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Test Case Management Systems desirable
- Programming knowledge and/or knowledge of automated testing tools such as Selenium WebDriver and processes desirable
- Technical skills and familiarity with use of technologies to aid in defect analysis (e.g. SQL, Unix)
- Creativity and a pragmatic approach to the relentless desire to improve test coverage, effectiveness and drive to scale
- Entering of product issues into an issue tracking database - Providing clear, articulate steps so that little follow-up is required from the development team
- Ability to rapidly triage complex issues
- Financial Industry experience desirable
Our benefits are not bad either!!
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Health insurance for you and your dependents
- Life Assurance
- Disability Assurance
- Paid parental leave (4 weeks)
- Tax saver scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- Discounts on Bloomberg sponsored events
- Fun events for employees, friends & family
- Access to on-going training and development
- An experienced technical peer group
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.