Quality Assurance / Test Engineer
Posted Apr 6, 2022 - Requisition No. 102294
Bloomberg Data Management Services delivers the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
Why Bloomberg Data Management?
At Bloomberg Data Management Services, you’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and want to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sounds like you. We’d love to hear from you.
What is Bloomberg Data Management Services? Click on the link https://vimeo.com/191984727 and See for yourself!
What’s the role?
Bloomberg Data Management Services is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance and Test (QA&T) Engineer to work as part of the expanding QA & Test function for its Managed Service which includes the testing framework for a large cloud-based application. You will be a self-motivated problem solver with hands-on experience in QA & Test function with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
The purpose of this role is develop and maintain QA Test Cases (both automated and manual), ensure that quality assurance and testing is carried out in accordance with industry best practise and follows strict audit standards. This role will involve working with areas within the company e.g. Product, R&D, Client Services, Operations .
We’ll trust you to:
- To create and execute test plans and report on test execution.
- Perform automated and manual testing across all of the BDMS Product suite including core software services, standard configuration and Client specific configurations.
- Involvement in Functional, Regression, Automation and Performance testing
- To report on test progress to the QA Manager and/or QA Lead(s)
- Represent QA function at team meetings when required.
- Develop a deep understanding of the BDMS Product Suite.
- Actively participate and contribute to QA &T team engagements.
- Become an SME and support, share knowledge and experiences with other team members.
- Seek continuous improvement within the Quality Assurance and Test Process and Procedures.
- Promote Quality Assurance awareness across the company.
- Actively perform testing duties, as required to achieve project milestones
What do I need to apply?
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant industry qualification required
- 5 years+ experience* as a Quality Assurance and Test Engineer
- Knowledge of automated testing tools such as Selenium WebDriver essential- Exceptional attention to detail and proven ability to identify process improvement opportunities
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills with ability to communicate and collaborate with Quality Assurance, Development, Project Management and Business teams proactively
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to triage complex issues to ensure they are directed to the correct team.
- Financial Industry experience highly desirable
- Technical skills and familiarity with use of technologies to aid in defect analysis (e.g. Python, Pandas, Jupyter Notebooks, SQL, Unix and cloud platform knowledge.
- Creativity and a pragmatic approach to the relentless desire to improve test coverage, effectiveness and drive to scale
- Defect management and logging of product issues into issue tracking system - Providing clear, articulate steps to aid the development team in troubleshooting the issues
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and/or Cloud Data Platforms is desirable but not essential.
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com