Senior Business Analyst
Posted Nov 5, 2020 - Requisition No. 87007
Bloomberg Data Management Services (DMS) delivers the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
Why Bloomberg DMS
At Bloomberg DMS, you’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and want to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sound like you. We’d love to hear from you.
What is Bloomberg DMS?
Click on the link below and see for yourself;
What’s the role?
As a Senior Business Analyst you will play a key role within the Business Analyst team, working in a dynamic and challenging environment with an industry leading global fintech organisation. Working with internal and external clients, product development and client services teams to assist with the definition & development of a sophisticated data management product and systems.
What you will be doing:
- Working with Clients to elicit, collect, analyse, refine and document their requirements
- Understand how the BDMS product platform can be configured to meet the Clients requirements
- Collaborate with internal and Client teams throughout the implementation process to ensure a timely and quality deliverable
- Build clear, concise and complete requirement analysis, specifications and business processes documentation
- Participate in Client workshops, trials and implementation meetings
- Become the business lead for Client related engagements
- Contribute to the development of a successful and effective Client relationship
Business Analysis Team Development
- Sharing and building of knowledge, development of close working relationship within the Business Analysis teams within the various global locations
- Understand the BDMS product platform and all its components
- Contribution to the creation of best practices through the identification of process and procedures enhancements and new ideas
Support of Product Development
- Providing support to the Product Managers, Solution Architects, Designers and R&D in the definition of business and technical solutions
- Provide appropriate feedback on product enhancements and requirements
- Participation in strategic design and development of new BDMS product features
- Participation in the strategic development of the BDMS core data model
What we would like you to have:
- You would ideally have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of financial or fintech industry
- Requires a high proficiency and in-depth knowledge of the
- Securities and Investment banking industry (Security Master, Index Data, Pricing, Entity Data and Corporate Actions) is critical
- Data feeds from vendors experience
- Financial products across a wide range of asset classes
- Demonstrate a high degree of analytical skills, essential
- Ability to multi-task, handling multiple projects and priorities with advanced judgment and time management skills
- A proven track record in the financial/fintech industry
- Broad business insight and an understanding of the software development processes is critical
- Use of scripting languages such as Python a distinct advantage
- Flexible, adaptable and passionate about innovation
- Pro-active, delivery focused with a hands-on, can-do attitude
- Motivated self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with both technical and business audiences
- Desire for continuous learning and growth
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), analytical and problem solving skills and -demonstrate the ability to think creatively and independently to solve problems and complete projects
- Good facilitation and influencing skills - able to work with large groups (of varying levels of seniority from user to board level)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.