Bloomberg PolarLake delivers the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
Why Bloomberg PolarLake?
At Bloomberg Polarlake, You’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and want to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sound like you. We’d love to hear from you.
What is Bloomberg PolarLake? Click on the link https://vimeo.com/191984727 and See for yourself!
What’s the role?
You will work within a talented Engineering Team to analyse, design, prototype, implement, test and support Bloomberg PolarLake Managed service for Enterprise Data Management (EDM) service.
Based in Dublin City Centre, you will gain world-class experience of a wide variety of leading-edge technologies along with exposure to all aspects of the development lifecycle.
Our R&D Team offers the “Number 1” Java Developer opportunity In Ireland. If you want to be part of an innovative, dynamic team, work with cutting-edge technologies, in a growing business that’s having a transforming impact within the global Financial Services market, then this is the opportunity for you!?
We’ll trust you to;
- Actively participate within an exceptionally talented team of experienced Developers, with a strong reputation for leadership in Engineering innovation
- Design, code, implement, and test new features and modules for the Bloomberg PolarLake Enterprise Data Management (EDM)service
- Partner and work with Business Analysts to translate and understand product specifications
- To be comfortable with estimation, scheduling, milestone tracking, verification, risk management, and project status reporting as it relates to product development
- Provide guidance and support for applications
What we would like you to have;
- Bachelor's Degree or Masters in Computer Systems or Software Engineering or related technical discipline
- Deep understanding of the Java Platform and Enterprise APIs with proven Java Programming experience is essential
- Demonstrate initiative and self-learning attitude, ability to work with team as well as independently on projects
- User level knowledge in Linux/Solaris based systems
- Deep understanding of Object-Oriented software design concepts and their implementation
- Knowledge of Spring Boot & Rabbit MQ desirable but not essential
- Understanding of REST and API Design
- Database skills (preferable Oracle 11g), including knowledge of relational database schema design, SQL DML and DDL and programmatic data access using JDBC? desirable
Our benefits are not bad either!!
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Health insurance for you and your dependents
- Life Assurance
- Disability Assurance
- Paid parental leave (4 weeks)
- Tax saver scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- Discounts on Bloomberg sponsored events
- Fun events for employees, friends & family
- Access to on-going training and development
- An experienced technical peer group
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.