Bloomberg PolarLake delivers the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
As a key member of the R&D Solution Architecture team, you will work within a highly focused development team and with other teams in the business to analyze, design, prototype, implement and support the Bloomberg Data Management Utility.
You will gain valuable experience of a wide variety of leading-edge technologies along with exposure to all aspects of the project and development lifecycle.
We'll trust you to :
- Work with Business Analysts and Product Managers to understand client requirements and translate these to detailed technical specification, solution design, and product enhancements.
- Have the breadth of vision to look across projects to identify recurring requirements and translate to product features.
- Be the intersection of numerous teams across the business. Share product information with other teams to enable them to effectively leverage the latest product capabilities.
- Promote best practice in terms of solution design and product usage.
- Engage with clients & other external groups to showcase product features, explain how the product fits requirements and to collaboratively architect solutions.
- Project management including estimation, scheduling, milestone tracking, verification, risk management, and project status reporting as it relates to solution architecture
What we would like you to have:
- Bachelor's Degree or Masters in Computer Systems or Software Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Proven software architecture, design, and implementation experience with large scale projects, preferably in the financial services space.
- Middleware and integration experience.
- Expert knowledge of Internet protocols and XML technologies (HTTP, XML, XML Schema, XQuery or XSLT and XPath).
- Knowledge of the Java Platform and Enterprise APIs with proven Java Programming experience.
- Knowledge and experience of Python programming language
- User level knowledge of Unix/Linux and windows environments
- Database skills (preferable Oracle 11g), including knowledge of relational database schema design, SQL DML and DDL and programmatic data access using JDBC
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A self-learning attitude, ability to work with team as well as independently, with minimal guidance
- Previous experience with Financial Services & Capital Markets
- Knowledge of Vendor Pricing and Reference Data Feeds
Why Bloomberg PolarLake?
At Bloomberg Polarlake, You’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and what to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sound like you we'd love to hear from you!
What is Bloomberg? See for yourself!
Our benefits are not bad either!!
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Health insurance for you and your dependents
- Life Assurance
- Disability Assurance
- Paid parental leave (4 weeks)
- Tax saver scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Bicycle storage and Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Discounts on Bloomberg sponsored events
- Fun events for employees, friends & family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.