Bloomberg PolarLake delivers the world’s foremost Data Management Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
Why Bloomberg PolarLake?
At Bloomberg Polarlake, You’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and want to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sounds like you. We’d love to hear from you.
What is Bloomberg PolarLake? Click on the link and See for yourself!
We’ll trust you to;
- Designing and implementing modern, scalable data architectures for our clients leveraging enterprise data management solutions and emerging technologies
- Conduct discovery and solution presentation sessions with customer executive and IT teams.
- Understand the business requirements of the client to articulate the solution’s business value.
- Design and document unique solutions for individual customer’s needs by adapting the platform capabilities to the needs of Bloomberg PolarLake’ enterprise-level customers.
- Work collaboratively across numerous functions to ensure compelling and sustainable solutions are built for customers.
- Establish positive relationships with the customer’s key technical and business decision makers.
- Maintain an expert knowledge of the Bloomberg PolarLake core and other products.
- Be a self-starter who takes ownership of opportunities, works independently, runs multiple simultaneous projects, and deals well with ambiguity and last-minute changes.
- Keep up to date with market trends in target industry, competitive insights and industry regulatory/compliance requirements.
- Have the ability and passion necessary to maintain deep understanding and technical expertise of new technologies, including competitive technologies, while continuing to handle customer opportunities.
You’ll need to have:
- Technical BEng, BSc degree, Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Experience of relevant industry experience in one or more of software engineering, software solutions analysis, business analysis, software solutions consulting within the Fintech industry or Financial Services environment
- Experience of solution architecture and design experience or experience implementing solutions for enterprise customers within a micro services (preferably in a Fintech or Financial Services environment)
- Experience of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications.
- Good understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends and their impact on target industry organizations.
- Prior experience in a customer-facing consulting/architecture position within a Fintech software (Financial Services Capital Markets/Asset Management sectors) and/or services company.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Vendor Data Feeds (Bloomberg, Reuters, IDC, SIX Telekurs, S&P, Fitch, Moody's etc.)
- Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills
- Ability to work in a process-driven high demand environment
Experience using the following:
- XML, XSD, XQuery JSON, JQuery
- Web Services including REST, Swagger tools
- Oracle, SQL, DDL, indexes
- Python, Mock, Pandas
- Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
- Cassandra , No SQL Database
- JMS, SFTP, HTTP, HTML CSS EXTJS
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If this sounds like you. We’d love to hear. Please apply by following the link.
Open Date - 8th January 2019
Close Date - 7th February 2019
Salary - Competitive & Benefits