Bloomberg PolarLake delivers the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
Why Bloomberg PolarLake?
At Bloomberg Polarlake, you’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and want to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sounds like you. We’d love to hear from you.
What is Bloomberg PolarLake? Click on the link https://vimeo.com/191984727 and See for yourself!
What’s the role?
Do you share our passion for data quality, know how to work with world class engineering teams and want to drive the direction of our product?
As a Technical Product Manager, you will have responsibility for defining the feature set in our product.
We’ll trust you to;
- Lead information gathering and document business, functional and non-functional requirements
- Write detailed feature specifications for the engineering teams
- Get hands on, configure the product for our customers
- Lead the understanding of complex data management topics, and explain these to engineers
What we would like you to have;
- Technical background with experience in Reference Data, Static Data, Market Data
- Experience of data feeds from vendors such as Bloomberg, SIX, Factset, IDC, Markit, Thomson Reuters
- Must have a strong understanding of the data used in the Risk Management and Securities industry (Security Master, Index Data, Pricing, Entity Data and Corporate Actions, Settlement, Investment Banking)
- Familiar with one of two or more of the following concepts; Data Quality, Data Classification/Taxonomies, Data Transformation, Data warehouse Design, OLAP, ETL, Time Series Data, Structured, Unstructured Data
- Have Experience building REST APIs
- Bachelor's Degree or Masters in Computer Systems or Software Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5 years’ experience working in a similar environment
Our benefits are not bad either!!
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Health insurance for you and your dependents
- Life Assurance
- Disability Assurance
- Paid parental leave (4 weeks)
- Tax saver scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- Discounts on Bloomberg sponsored events
- Fun events for employees, friends & family
- Access to on-going training and development
- An experienced technical peer group
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.