2023 Software Engineer Intern - Frankfurt
Posted Sep 6, 2022 - Requisition No. 108269
Bloomberg's global community of engineers take on some of the world’s most interesting and important technical challenges. We develop impactful solutions to complex, real-world problems. With new systems being rolled out daily, we make an immediate impact on global markets and we look for the best software engineers to build them. This is no different for our interns.
Engineering interns take ownership of their projects under the mentorship of full-time software engineers. We are looking for interns who are passionate about technology and eager to learn in our high energy, fast-paced environment.
As an intern, you’ll learn more about the Bloomberg Terminal and gain a deeper understanding of technology and finance. In addition to your projects, you’ll participate in technical training, social events and volunteering!
We’ll trust you to:
- Take ownership of projects under the guidance of your mentor
- Be a collaborative member of your team
- Have a deep understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Be an excellent problem solver
You’ll need to:
- Have programming experience in C, C++, Java or Python
- Be working towards a degree in Computer Science
- We’re incredibly proud of our culture and collaboration sits at the centre of how we operate, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate across teams and locations on a global scale, both virtually and in person.
- Engineers at Bloomberg actively shape the direction of our technology and products, helping drive innovation in the financial markets.
- Frankfurt is one of 11 engineering hubs at Bloomberg, since being established in 2014 Frankfurt has enjoyed consistent growth, now with 140 employees and 70 in engineering, the office has become an integral part of Bloomberg's global tech communities and initiatives.
- Since 2021 we’ve been employing a hybrid work model, which gives our engineers flexibility but also allows us to foster team spirit and collaboration across teams.
- We’re big advocates of getting together and sharing ideas, our Frankfurt office holds regular internal and external tech, social and philanthropic events to strengthen our relationships with the local community.
- Our Frankfurt office is in the heart of the city, it's also newly refurbished, so for the days that you’re in the office you can enjoy state of the art facilities, which include a fully stocked pantry serving breakfasts and lunches.
- https://www.bloomberg.com/company/stories/meet-the-teams-frankfurt-engineering/ https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/18011879281399528/
If this sounds like you, please apply below!
We are deeply proud of our diverse and open culture, and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Disruptive innovation and breakthrough performance only happen when we are able to channel the diverse ideas and experiences of our employees to solve the needs of our clients.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.