Breaking News Editor - Frankfurt
Posted Mar 14, 2019 - Requisition No. 74150
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news about financial markets, enabling readers, viewers and listeners to stay a step ahead.
You are a passionate and focused journalist who thrives under the pressure of real-time demands and is driven by the need to be first in reporting news that moves markets. You'll join a team of breaking news editors covering Western Europe to spot and report key news, from sources including but not limited to social media, regulatory filings or company statements.
We'll trust you to:
- Make smart, fast and decisive judgement calls on topics including M&A, IPOs, corporate earnings, government news and other global events
- Collaborate with different bureaus and teams across Bloomberg News to deliver this-just-in news to the terminal client
- Be up to date on major news stories and trends that matter to financial and business clients
You need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in producing copy under short deadline pressure
- Knowledge of the economy, financial markets and business
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Fluency in English
We’d love to see
- Proficiency in reading languages other than English including but not limited to German, French, Dutch or Italian
- Familiarity with, or curiosity about automation, machine learning and/or natural language processing
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.