Distressed Credit Reporter - Frankfurt
Posted Jan 13, 2023 - Requisition No. 113390
After more than a decade of easy-money central bank policies, credit markets are set to face their biggest challenge since perhaps the 2008 financial crisis, with an expected wave of corporate defaults and insolvencies. Bloomberg News wants to own the story of what comes next, and we’re seeking a reporter with a passion for breaking news to help us do that.
You'd be part of a team that covers the most financially troubled companies in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The field includes some of the biggest household names, and a roster that's likely to grow. The job includes cultivating sources and collaborating with a talented group of journalists to break news on debt restructurings, insolvencies and other developments involving troubled companies.
We're passionate about breaking news and writing stories that set the agenda, and we want reporters who are just as comfortable taking the lead on a story as they are collaborating with teammates. This role can be based in London, Frankfurt or Amsterdam.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news on the biggest distressed companies in the EMEA region
- Lean on existing sources and develop new ones to generate intelligent, high-impact, market-moving scoops
- Talk about your stories on Bloomberg TV, Bloomberg Radio, podcasts and Bloomberg Quicktake
- Analyze industry data
- Cover the beat with speed and accuracy
- Write insightful, thought-provoking features that add value
- Collaborate with colleagues across our more than 120 bureaus globally.
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of three years in journalism with a proven track record for breaking news on beat coverage of a company or industry
- Experience with real-time news
- Ability to write quickly and clearly under deadline pressure
- Ability to generate exclusive, breaking news as well as informative feature stories
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com