German Auto Reporter
Posted Aug 5, 2021 - Requisition No. 92960
Volkswagen, BMW, Mercedes: Germany's coveted carmaking marques are in the throes of the electric-vehicle revolution, just as they bounce back from emissions scandals and the pandemic. We're looking for a reporter to cover some of the most dynamic and important companies in Europe, which power the region's largest economy and are remaking themselves to face the challenge of Elon Musk and Tesla.
In this role, based in Frankfurt or Munich, you'll collaborate with colleagues across teams, bureaus and regions to break news and deliver top-notch analysis on subjects that are fiercely competitive and highly visible inside our newsrooms and beyond.
We'll trust you to:
- - Break news that's market moving
- - Write longer-form stories that are informative, investigative and a delight to read
- - Coordinate and work collaboratively with other news teams and editors
- - Experiment with different forms of story telling including videos, podcasts and data visualizations
You'll need to have:
- - Knowledge of the automotive industry, especially in Germany
- - A strong work ethic, including operating calmly under pressure
- - The ability to generate ideas and file clear, concise and accurate copy
- - A collaborative spirit
- - The desire to innovate and experiment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com