Network Server Engineer Team Leader
Posted Jul 6, 2022 - Requisition No. 105226
The Bloomberg Network is one of the largest private networks in the world, spanning over 100 pop sites and connecting clients globally to over 1,500 exchanges, which is integral to the success of the company. The Network System Reliability Engineering team (NSRE) is responsible for the performance of this network infrastructure providing application connectivity across our private network, Internet and Public Cloud. We provide complete life cycle support using automation and provide visibility into network performance so that we have a working operational model.
We are looking for a hands-on, technical Team Leader to manage the NSRE Server Engineering team across the EMEA region. The EMEA Server Engineering team, as part of a global NSRE team, is responsible for Bloomberg's Content Distribution Network (CDN) that provides network functionality for data fan-out & proxy services at the network edge. We manage various applications hosted on over 12,000 Linux based servers geographically dispersed on-prem, in the Cloud and at customer sites.
We’ll trust you to:
- Show leadership and empower a team of SREs
- Work closely with development teams to define standards and ensure that applications are designed to scale both wide and deep
- Build tools to reduce toil and increase insight into trouble spots
- Act as escalated support for Network Operations for all application/ server/ related issues
- Identify technology gaps, develop, and implement appropriate solutions as a team
- Build formal guidelines, policies, and procedures to ensure smooth and accurate operations
- Conduct evaluation and career development of team members
You’ll need to have:
- Proven technical background that will support the team's technical expertise
- Ability to empower and influence others, lead by example, and actively suggest creative ideas
- Confidence to deal directly with customers, technical teams, and product developers
- Self motivated personality with strong presentation and project management skills
- Hands-on experience in at least one programming language (e.g. Python) beyond basic scripting (e.g. bash)
We'd love to see experience with:
- Continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) with tools such as Jenkins
- Automated testing tools and SDLC frameworks
- Experience of configuration management tools (such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet or Salt)
- Management of a Red Hat Linux environment
If this sounds like you:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com