Securities Credit Data Team Leader
Posted Dec 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 112609
Bloomberg runs on data, and in Data we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyze, process, and publish data which is the backbone of the Bloomberg Terminal. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement solutions to improve our systems, products and processes- all this while delivering sophisticated insights to our clients.
The Bloomberg Securities Credit products are responsible for the timely and accurate entry of new bonds and loans being brought to market, secondary market review and updates, as well as extensive client facing support. In addition, responsibilities include developing data validations, reviewing process for efficiencies, and finding opportunities to expand data sets. The Securities Credit Teams also work closely with internal consumers of our data including News, Evaluated Pricing, and Index.
What’s the role?
The Data team based in Frankfurt is looking for a highly motivated and driven Team Leader to cover the data management, technology, quality control and data processes that drive our Fixed Income products. You will be directly responsible for managing, motivating, and developing a team of data analysts with strong subject matter and technical expertise, client engagement, and strategic development.
We’ll trust you to:
- Mentor, guide and deliver performance feedback to members of your team
- Ensure product data timeliness, completeness, and quality through daily monitoring of workflow and personnel operations
- Hold yourself and your team accountable for delivering excellent service to customers both internal and external
- Be a leader in the formation of data product standards and procedures
- Participate in the development and planning of product vision, managing pivotal initiatives to completion
- Seek out and implement workflow changes that are aimed to increase operational efficiency and optimize resources.
- Collaborate with global teammates as well as with Business Managers, Sales, and Engineering staff to support the development of our Fixed Income product.
You’ll need to have:
- Exhibited leadership skills, and experience leading a team or mentoring and developing others
- A desire and skills to help people grow their skills and their careers
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong organization, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects
- Proven experience in relationship building internally and externally
- Solid understanding of financial markets and analytical tools
- Proven track record to drive projects to completion
- An ability to work with and build a team of people with diverse abilities, collaborating with other teams and regions on initiatives related to the product and department.
We'd love to see:
- A background in fixed income markets and fixed income analytics
- Experience with data management principles
- Experience and understanding of data management and modeling principles
- Understanding of financial data and its competitive landscape
- Knowledge in information technology, statistical analysis and mathematics and/or computer programming (ie VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python, Regex)
- Experience redefining workflows into more timely and efficient processes
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.