Senior Software Engineer – Electronic Trading Networks (Frankfurt)
Posted Mar 25, 2022 - Requisition No. 101897
In this role, you will be joining a team that drives the integration of internal and external Order Management and Execution Management Systems. Our mission is to design and build multi-asset systems that can deliver value no matter which markets our clients are trading in. You will be working in a globally distributed, fast-paced environment where your contributions will make a direct impact on the team and product. Your work will shape our infrastructure as we transition to distributed high-performance architectures that deliver speed and reliability by design. We work primarily in C++, but we believe a smart engineer can learn any language. If you want to make an immediate impact and work on the financial world's toughest challenges, apply today.
We'll trust you to:
- Rapidly absorb new technologies while building domain knowledge
- Learn to build high availability, scalable systems in a distributed context
- Build high throughput, low latency service-oriented applications
- Collaborate closely with both product and development teams in Bloomberg offices across the globe
You need to have:
- 3+ years development experience in C++ or Java
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms and communication frameworks
- Experience in all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Experience with distributed open-source infrastructure such as Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, etc.
- Experience with order management and/or execution management systems
- Familiarity with Financial Information Exchange protocol (FIX)
- Familiarity with automated unit, integration and system testing in containerized environments
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.