Senior Software Engineer - Data Distribution
Posted Jun 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 104087
At Bloomberg, data is our core business, and we need to deliver it with speed. This data typically comes in the form of trades, quotes, and other pricing data - to the tune of more than 60 billion unique events per day (and growing all the time) applied to millions of different instruments. In RDP (Real-time Distribution Platform), we build Bloomberg's data distribution infrastructure, which is one of the most rapidly growing businesses in the company. RDP provides low-latency market data and value-added Bloomberg data, via our open API (http://www.bloomberglabs.com/api/). We develop scalable, distributed, high-performance software that provides mission-critical data delivery to all Bloomberg desktop customers and a large number of enterprise-level applications.
Over last two years, we have built a new team in our Frankfurt office to work on the Rule Engine - a component of the system that provides configurable caching and data manipulation functionality - which is used to implement the business logic for the client-facing consolidated market data feed service. As a team, we work closely with other RDP teams in London and New York, as well as with some of the other teams in the Frankfurt office. In 2021, we are excited to be expanding the team further, and we want you to join us!
We trust you to:
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding to deployment and maintenance. Your work will be highly visible, making you highly accountable.
- Enjoy solving highly complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work.
- Be quick, resourceful, flexible, and an excellent collaborator. You will balance the best of technical and product knowledge to craft unsurpassed product solutions for our customers
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience programming in C++
- Experience with working with large sets of data
- Passion for design, problem solving and hands-on development
We'd love to see:
- Experience with C++ and Python
- Experience with multi-threading programming
- Keen interest in keeping abreast of technological advances and proven success at incorporating new technology into existing systems
You will join more than 130 Bloomberg employees who call Frankfurt their home base, working across Engineering, Product, Sales, Operations, and News. As more financial and technology companies build out offices in Frankfurt, we are excited to be expanding our Engineering teams here. These engineering teams in Frankfurt span trading connectivity, market data distribution, and automated trading. Our growing engineering department in Frankfurt maintains a close-knit feel, with regular tech talks, volunteering opportunities, and training opportunities.