Senior Software Engineer - Market Data Distribution
Posted Jan 6, 2023 - Requisition No. 113158
The Ticker Plant is the beating heart of our market data infrastructure that pumps more than 100 billion discrete events to downstream applications and users every single day. Ticker Plant’s mission is to aggregate, enrich and disseminate real time market data ranging from niche hand-priced venues to the trading floors of the global financial system.
Ticker Plant is at the centre of Bloomberg’s market data infrastructure and Market Data Distribution (MDD) is a sub-system of that infrastructure. The MDD team is responsible for the coordinated movement of the ticks that describe those 100 billion+ discrete events. Whether for inbound or outbound data, our challenges are largely the same: to provide a platform that can ingest and redistribute data reliably, resiliently, at scale, globally and all in real-time with minimal latency.
We’ll trust you to:
- Join a global group in the early stages of a major multi-year system re-architecture
- Work on mission critical infrastructure
- Design robust, maintainable, high-performance code in a Linux/UNIX environment
- Take responsibility for the full SDLC, from understanding the needs of the business to coding, deployment and maintenance
- Closely work with a group of highly motivated, intelligent, and focused engineers
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience programming in C++
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- Prior contributions to system design and architecture and scaling fault-tolerant, distributed systems
- A honest approach to problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with peers, stakeholders and management
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com