Senior Software Engineer - Market Oversight
Posted May 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 103392
Bloomberg is expanding its footprint in the global financial market space through the creation of electronic fixed income trading venues. Electronic trading venues are heavily regulated by local authority so Bloomberg is making every effort to conform to their mandates.
The newly formed Market Oversight team plays a vital role verifying that those obligations are met. We are located in Frankfurt and working closely with internal clients such as Operational Risk and Compliance.
What’s in it for you?
- We’re incredibly proud of our culture and collaboration sits at the centre of how we operate, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate across teams and locations on a global scale, both virtually and in person.
- Engineers at Bloomberg actively shape the direction of our technology and products, helping drive innovation in the financial markets.
- Frankfurt is one of 11 engineering hubs at Bloomberg, since being established in 2014 Frankfurt has enjoyed consistent growth, now with 140 employees and 70 in engineering, the office has become an integral part of Bloomberg's global tech communities and initiatives.
- Since 2021 we’ve been employing a hybrid work model, which gives our engineers flexibility but also allows us to foster team spirit and collaboration across teams.
- We’re big advocates of getting together and sharing ideas, our Frankfurt office holds regular internal and external tech, social and philanthropic events to strengthen our relationships with the local community.
- Our Frankfurt office is in the heart of the city, it's also newly refurbished, so for the days that you’re in the office you can enjoy state of the art facilities, which include a fully stocked pantry serving breakfasts and lunches.
Alongside a great culture, we also offer Frankfurt employees a comprehensive list of benefits, which include:
- 100% coverage on health insurance costs for employees and eligible family members
- 30+ days holiday per year
- Endless opportunities to participate in philanthropic events and charity days
- Sponsorship for continuous education and professional development
- Sponsorship to attend external events and global conferences
We’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate with Engineering teams in both London and New York to solve complex technical problems
- Work closely with members of your immediate team to maintain the codebase to a consistently high standard
- Liaise with different product managers to convert customer requirements into a software design and deliver software features to agreed timescales
- Manage the full SDLC for your software including production releases
What we are looking for:
- An ambitious developer with experience in C++ or Python, who enjoys improving and maintaining critical functions and APIs
- An eagerness to understand the trading workflow and how our systems interact to ensure we are meeting our regulatory obligations
- A passion for the quality and correctness of your work and eagerness to improve and automate more of our workflows
- Appreciation for the quality of the code base and experience in knowing how to apply unit testing, integration testing and stress testing to produce reliable production software
- Someone pragmatic and able to balance technology demands with business requirements!
- An interest in solving challenging problems in a collaborative environment
We'd love to see:
- Experience building robust, scalable production systems and working with multithreaded applications.
- A strong sense of ownership
- An interest in the financial markets
- Experience working with a distributed system and an understanding of its unique challenges
- An interest in staying up to date with trends in the industry
Interviewing with us:
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com / or our Diversity Partner EmployAbility firstname.lastname@example.org.