Senior Software Engineer - Market Oversight
Posted May 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 103392
Bloomberg is expanding its footprint in the global financial market space through the creation of electronic fixed income trading venues. Electronic trading venues are heavily regulated by local authority so Bloomberg is making every effort to conform to their mandates.
The newly formed Market Oversight team plays a vital role verifying that those obligations are met. We are located in Frankfurt and working closely with internal clients such as Operational Risk and Compliance.
What’s in it for you?
We’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate with Engineering teams in both London and New York to solve complex technical problems
- Work closely with members of your immediate team to maintain the codebase to a consistently high standard
- Liaise with different product managers to convert customer requirements into a software design and deliver software features to agreed timescales
- Manage the full SDLC for your software including production releases
What we are looking for:
- An ambitious developer with experience in C++ or Python, who enjoys improving and maintaining critical functions and APIs
- An eagerness to understand the trading workflow and how our systems interact to ensure we are meeting our regulatory obligations
- A passion for the quality and correctness of your work and eagerness to improve and automate more of our workflows
- Appreciation for the quality of the code base and experience in knowing how to apply unit testing, integration testing and stress testing to produce reliable production software
- Someone pragmatic and able to balance technology demands with business requirements!
- An interest in solving challenging problems in a collaborative environment
We'd love to see:
- Experience building robust, scalable production systems and working with multithreaded applications.
- A strong sense of ownership
- An interest in the financial markets
- Experience working with a distributed system and an understanding of its unique challenges
- An interest in staying up to date with trends in the industry
Interviewing with us:
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com / or our Diversity Partner EmployAbility firstname.lastname@example.org.