Senior Software Engineer - Market Oversight
Posted Aug 16, 2023 - Requisition No. 118167
We are the engineering team behind the world’s largest over-the-counter (OTC) electronic trading (ET) platform encompassing Fixed Income securities, Derivatives and Equities. Our platform provides end-to-end solutions across the trading life cycle so traders can connect more successfully to the global trading markets — all in one place.
The newly formed Market Oversight team plays a vital role verifying that those obligations are met and we work closely with internal clients such as Operational Risk and Compliance.
Check out more about how we work and what it means to be a part of our Engineering team in Frankfurt here:
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- A passion to understand the trading workflow and how our systems interact to ensure we are meeting our regulatory obligations
- Appreciation for the quality of the code base and experience in knowing how to apply unit testing, integration testing and stress testing to produce reliable production software
We'd love to see:
- Experience building robust, scalable production systems and working with multithreaded applications.
- A strong sense of ownership
- An interest in the financial markets
- Experience working with a distributed system and an understanding of its unique challenges
- An interest in staying up to date with trends in the industry
We’re incredibly proud of our culture and collaboration sits at the centre of how we operate, you’ll collaborate across teams and locations on a global scale, both virtually and in person.
Engineers at Bloomberg actively shape the direction of our technology and products, helping drive innovation.
Frankfurt is one of 11 engineering hubs at Bloomberg, since being established in 2014 Frankfurt has enjoyed consistent growth, now with 140 employees and 70 in engineering, the office has become an integral part of Bloomberg's global tech communities and initiatives.
Since 2021 we’ve been employing a hybrid work model, which gives our engineers flexibility but also allows us to collaborate across teams.
We’re big advocates of getting together and sharing ideas, we hold regular internal and external tech, social and philanthropic events to strengthen our relationships with the local community.
Our Frankfurt office is in the heart of the city, it's also newly refurbished, so for the days that you’re in the office you can enjoy brand-new facilities, which include a fully stocked pantry serving breakfasts and lunches.
Alongside a great culture, we also offer Frankfurt employees a comprehensive list of benefits, which include:
- 100% coverage on health insurance costs for employees and eligible family members
- 30+ days holiday per year
- Endless opportunities to participate in philanthropic events and charity days
- Sponsorship for continuous education and professional development
- Sponsorship to attend external events and global conferences
Interviewing with us:
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for / or our Diversity Partner EmployAbility firstname.lastname@example.org.