Senior Software Engineer - Sell Side
Posted Oct 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 110885
The Sell-Side Pre-Trade area connects traders with the electronic markets by providing high-quality, high-stability and high-performance enterprise trading applications that investment banks depend on to do business. We have opportunities in our new team being formed in Frankfurt.
The team will be responsible for the e-trading system exchange trade workflow, these components interact with the exchange gateways and downstream applications within the e-trading system. Having ownership of the components and working alongside our product owners to meet the growing demands of our e-trading business. Our application is critical to our clients’ businesses and they must be able to rely on it.
We need engineers that want to have a real impact on our architecture through projects like:
- Building out support for more trading workflows and asset classes
- Support for workflow and client flexibility through configuration driven approach
- Incrementally re-architecting our system to meet future challenges
How we work in Sell Side Pre-Trade:
- C++ and Python are our main languages. We use Kafka, BMQ, Docker, Shrinkwrap and Devise among other technologies.
- We emphasise incremental build of features and technical improvements to strike a solid balance between product delivery and technical excellence.
- We use Agile Scrum and the Scaled Agile Framework to deliver results and increase collaboration with other Engineering teams in Sell-Side.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work both independently and with our highly collaborative and inclusive teams.
- Follow and promote best practices that yield high-quality software, balancing this with the needs of our clients and other stakeholders.
Develop strong partnerships across Engineering, QA, your team’s Product partner, and support teams.
You’ll need to have:
- The desire to take ownership of projects and components and help plan and deliver the long-term evolution of our systems.
- The drive to build a knowledge of our clients’ use-cases and apply this to engineering decisions to serve our clients better.
- 3+ years of experience programming in an object oriented programming language such as C++, Java or Python
- The determination to innovate and sell your ideas to your team and the wider area.
What we’ll offer:
- The opportunity to take responsibility and ownership of components, workflows and our architectural design; to make your mark on our system.
- The chance to own the full product lifecycle, partnering with your colleagues and Product to build a system that is business-critical for our clients.
- The benefit of our experienced leaders and mentors to help you learn everything you need to know to hit the ground running and build your career with us.
- We’re incredibly proud of our culture and collaboration sits at the centre of how we operate, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate across teams and locations on a global scale, both virtually and in person.
- Engineers at Bloomberg actively shape the direction of our technology and products, helping drive innovation in the financial markets.
- Frankfurt is one of 11 engineering hubs at Bloomberg, since being established in 2014 Frankfurt has enjoyed consistent growth, now with 140 employees and 70 in engineering, the office has become an integral part of Bloomberg's global tech communities and initiatives.
- Since 2021 we’ve been employing a hybrid work model, which gives our engineers flexibility but also allows us to foster team spirit and collaboration across teams.
- We’re big advocates of getting together and sharing ideas, our Frankfurt office holds regular internal and external tech, social and philanthropic events to strengthen our relationships with the local community.
- Our Frankfurt office is in the heart of the city, it's also newly refurbished, so for the days that you’re in the office you can enjoy state of the art facilities, which include a fully stocked pantry serving breakfasts and lunches.
Alongside a great culture, we also offer Frankfurt employees a comprehensive list of benefits, which include:
- 100% coverage on health insurance costs for employees and eligible family members
- 30+ days holiday per year
- Endless opportunities to participate in philanthropic events and charity days
- Sponsorship for continuous education and professional development
- Sponsorship to attend external events and global conferences
Interviewing with us:
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org / or our Diversity Partner EmployAbility email@example.com.