Senior Software Engineer - Trading Automation
Posted May 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 103393
Bloomberg’s Trading Automation offerings allow traders to focus on strategic activities and high-touch trades, automatically executing low risk yet time consuming orders. Our close integration with many of Bloomberg’s trading platforms and marketplaces offers a flexible, powerful and still easy to use tool across different asset classes like Fixed Income, Equities and Foreign Exchanges. An insightful article about the automation trend in the financial industry can be found at: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/blog/trading-automation-rise-rise-electronic-trading/ .
Our team in Frankfurt is responsible for building a core trading module which generates messages to dealers and market places, validates prices and takes decisions based on trader’s instructions. Our mission is to simplify and improve the operational procedures of trading desks, supporting objective trading decisions and reducing the risk of human errors. Check out these videos to find out more about our trade automation solutions:
Automation for Fixed Income Trading - https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/fixed-income-trading/#automation-as-your-competitive-advantage
Automation for Equities and Futures Trading - https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/execution-management-system/#flexible-trade-automation
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to drive a number of Bloomberg products forward and team up with Product teams: you'll gain exposure to a variety of products and engineering teams and learn about how Bloomberg is a leading the way in building Trading platforms
- Join a collaborative environment where creativity and innovation are our priority. We're alway to use the best technologies available to solve real world problems
- Access to Bloomberg’s training resources where you can learn everything from machine learning to how financial markets work
- A front-row seat to the financial markets, insights and perspectives on how they work, and the opportunity to build software that helps shape their future direction
- Be a part of a mission driven organization where philanthropy and service are an integral part of the culture
- We’re incredibly proud of our culture and collaboration sits at the centre of how we operate, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate across teams and locations on a global scale, both virtually and in person.
- Engineers at Bloomberg actively shape the direction of our technology and products, helping drive innovation in the financial markets.
- Frankfurt is one of 11 engineering hubs at Bloomberg, since being established in 2014 Frankfurt has enjoyed consistent growth, now with 140 employees and 70 in engineering, the office has become an integral part of Bloomberg's global tech communities and initiatives.
- Since 2021 we’ve been employing a hybrid work model, which gives our engineers flexibility but also allows us to foster team spirit and collaboration across teams.
- We’re big advocates of getting together and sharing ideas, our Frankfurt office holds regular internal and external tech, social and philanthropic events to strengthen our relationships with the local community.
- Our Frankfurt office is in the heart of the city, it's also newly refurbished, so for the days that you’re in the office you can enjoy state of the art facilities, which include a fully stocked pantry serving breakfasts and lunches.
Alongside a great culture, we also offer Frankfurt employees a comprehensive list of benefits, which include:
- 100% coverage on health insurance costs for employees and eligible family members
- 30+ days holiday per year
- Endless opportunities to participate in philanthropic events and charity days
- Sponsorship for continuous education and professional development
- Sponsorship to attend external events and global conferences
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrated professional experience as a software engineer, with robust knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- A strong sense of ownership and the ability to collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders to drive projects and initiatives
- A flexible approach to solving problems and using new technologies
- A willingness to be challenged and do things outside of your comfort zone
- Experience with distributed systems: Kafka/Cassandra/Apache Storm/Zookeeper/Redis
- Experience developing workflow driven applications
- Experience with concurrent programming
- Prior experience or strong interest in working in financial markets
We’d love to see:
If you're excited by these challenges, have a passion for technology and a flexible, “outside the box” approach to problem solving, we want to talk to you!
Interviewing with us
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com / or our Diversity Partner EmployAbility firstname.lastname@example.org.