Senior Software Engineer
Posted Dec 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 112268
Every day, trillions of dollars pass through the Bloomberg Terminal. As a result, hundreds of thousands of financial professionals rely on our 500 enterprise applications to manage their portfolios, execute their trades and analyse the markets.
As engineers, we're the ones who build the applications our clients rely on to not just stay informed, but stay ahead of the market. We connect supply and demand across all asset classes on worldwide exchanges.
You'll have the opportunity to learn about the financial markets and take ownership of the growth of our applications. You'll lead projects, partner with the business and meet clients to understand their workflows. Our opportunities cover all phases of the software development lifecycle, providing a chance to make an immediate impact and work on the financial world's toughest technical challenges. We're looking for passionate engineers who want to help us take our products to the next level.
We'll trust you to:
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding to deployment and maintenance. Your work will be highly visible, making you highly accountable
- Enjoy solving highly complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
- Be quick, resourceful, flexible, and an excellent collaborator. You’ll balance the best of technical and product knowledge to craft solutions for our customers
- Engage with the wider community. We interact with the open source communities by contributing changes where we can. You’ll also be able to take part in related meet-ups and conferences
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience as a software engineer using C++ or Python
- Exposure to all phases of the software development lifecycle
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
We'd love to see:
- Experience with other object-oriented programming languages such as C# or Java
- Experience with multithreading
- Experience with high volume, high availability distributed systems
- An interest in the financial market
To find out more about Engineering at Bloomberg, check out www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/
If you'd like to get a feel for the office and the different teams - we have a great video for you to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D-ig-NyAMo
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.