Software Engineer - Enterprise Trading Network (Frankfurt)
Posted Oct 2, 2020 - Requisition No. 86432
We are re-imagining and rebuilding the core components of Bloomberg's Enterprise Trading Network (ETN) using cutting edge techniques, technologies, and tools. Our products are next generation platforms connecting thousands of cross-asset class liquidity destinations around the world with global buy-side traders. We are not just looking to build out evolutionary improvements; we're starting a revolution that offers the performance, capacity, and flexibility to take our business in formerly unimaginable directions.
What's in it for you?
In this role, you will be joining our team in the aspiring Frankfurt Engineering office. We design the core services which provide broker configuration and security data to Bloomberg's trading application teams. Our services are essential to validate the correctness of the attributes of orders received from both internal and external clients. You will be working in an exciting, fast-paced environment where your contributions make a direct impact on the team, product, and global market. Your work will help to shape our infrastructure for many years to come as we transition to better distributed high-performance architectures that deliver speed and reliability by design.
We'll trust you to:
- Rapidly absorb new technologies while building domain knowledge
- Learn to solve for consistency, high availability, disaster recovery, and scalability in a distributed context
- Build high throughput and low latency service-oriented applications
- Use your communication skills to collaborate with both product and infrastructure teams throughout Bloomberg
- Plan, manage and show ownership of production releases
You'll need to have:
- A robust knowledge of data structures, algorithms, multi-threading and interprocess communication
- Professional experience in one or more general purpose programming languages, preferably C++ and Python
- A flexible approach to solving problems and using new technologies
We’d love to see:
- Familiarity with distributed open-source infrastructure such as Kafka and Redis
- Familiarity with automated unit, integration, and system testing, particularly in containerized environments
Interviewing with us
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.