Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally.
What's Global Data all about?
Global Data makes Bloomberg the most sought-after data source in the world. We collect, analyze, and present data that informs clients' decisions - and moves markets. We collaborate with Sales, News, and Research and Development, while staying in tune with our client needs, contributing to the development of the Data Management products and fueling Bloomberg news stories with the data that we receive. We also apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement technological solutions to enhance our systems and processes.
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, maintain and process financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Develop expertise in fast-moving market sector information
- Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers through interaction with market players/clients as well as Sales, News and other business units
- Liaise with technology teams to enhance relevant product databases and processes
- Intake and distill raw data to convey actionable information that enables our clients to make better-informed decisions
- Come up with innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient
- Participate in time-sensitive projects, and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
What's in it for you?
What we look for?
- Bachelor's degree (or expected to graduate in 2019) in Account, Finance, Business, Economics or any related discipline, with up to 2 years of work experience
- Strong passion and drive to actively challenge the status quo and seek improvements for the product
- Solid application of financial knowledge in prior coursework or work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong project management and organizational skill
- Ability to adapt to a fluid environment
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin)
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Financial Engineering, CFA, FRM or equivalent
- Experience in applying market knowledge and converting financial data into meaningful analysis for evaluating performance of economy/stocks/financial products
- Knowledge or experience in computer programming or statistical analysis such as VBA, R, Python or SQL
- Experience in process engineering and relevant technology such as Visio
Does this sound like you?
Apply today! If we think you're a match, we'll get in touch with you soon about next steps.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.