2020 Financial Research Data Analyst Internship - Hong Kong
Posted Oct 30, 2019 - Requisition No. 79282
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real-time financial information available on the Bloomberg Terminal. We provide portfolio managers with information on companies’ financial performance to assist in profitability analysis, and to determine the risk and return of their investment. Buy-side and sell-side equity analysts use our data to create valuation models in order to provide stock recommendations, target prices, and to assess the viability of investing in a company.
What’s the role?
As a Financial Research Data Analyst intern, you will be responsible for ensuring the consistency, quality and timely delivery of special industry data and key performance indicators for a portfolio of companies across a sector. You will work closely with experienced research analysts on the Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) team to learn the ins and outs of conducting investment research while ensuring that Bloomberg offers the best in class industry and company specific data coverage in the market. You will gain knowledge on how technology, regulation, litigation and economies shape the environment each company operates in – and about the larger industry impact. Most roles will be Equity focused, but there may also be opportunities to work with other BI Research teams including Corporate Credit, Fixed Income Strategy, FX/Interest Rate Strategy, Equity Strategy, ETFs, and ESG.
You can expect to:
Your journey at Bloomberg will begin with a week of classroom based financial product and Terminal functionality training, to broaden your knowledge of the global financial markets and our market leading Bloomberg solutions. After your training, you’ll join a team where you’ll immediately begin collaborating with Financial Research Data Analysts and other interns.
You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with Bloomberg Intelligence Analysts, making valuable contributions by taking part in research and data analysis and potentially helping the team initiate new coverage areas. Hands-on individual and group projects will allow you to experience how your full-time career could evolve.
To round out your experience, you’ll attend lunch and learn sessions, designed to teach you about our diversified group, and there will be plenty of opportunity to meet Bloomberg leaders at a variety of networking events. Of course we also want to give you the chance to get to know your peers, so you’ll also take part in volunteering activities and social events with interns from other departments.
Throughout the internship, you’ll be supported by your manager, mentor and your recruiter to ensure you receive regular feedback on your work and help navigate the company.
At a minimum, we require that you:
- Are currently enrolled in a university with a graduation date in 2021
- Are available to work the whole duration of 10 weeks from June and August 2020
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese is a must
You also need to have:
- Demonstrated project, work experience, or coursework that shows your interest and knowledge in the financial markets
- Knowledge of accounting principles, interpreting financial statements, and exposure to quantitative financial analysis
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency in Excel, VBA a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- The ability to thrive and deliver in a dynamic environment
- An ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
- Demonstrated interest or experience using one or more programming language
We’d love to see:
- Experience conducting research and relaying findings in succinct, concise manner with ability to identify key industry performance indicators, players and trendsetters
- Experience transforming workflows into more timely and efficient processes
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.