2023 Employee Operations Internship - Hong Kong
Posted Dec 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 112633
The Global Employee Operations team are dedicated to provide employees an experience that drives innovation, collaboration, productivity, and transparency through our services and applications. Our team is central in this effort by providing platinum support to nearly 21 000 employees, clients, and visitors in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world.
We are committed to delivering the highest standards in customer service to all guests, clients, and employees. We are highly detail-focused and constantly looking for ways that we can improve our offices and enhance our customer experience. We collaborate with a multitude of internal departments on a global level to deliver fast and effective solutions.
This is a future opportunity for our 2024 graduate hiring program with a 2023 summer internship opportunity.
Bloomberg’s Workplace Operations & Supply Chain team is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated intern who will gain hands-on experience in business operations. The team is crucial to the smooth operation of our internal IT systems at Bloomberg. We are looking for people who can provide front line support for our employees, which includes providing exceptional customer service and being able to resolve their technical queries. An important part of this role is also collaborating with our larger team to escalate and resolve more complex technical issues. You will be joining the team that forms Bloomberg's front line, providing level 1 & 2 technical IT support for our employees. You could be part of this team striving for best in class customer service whilst taking a detail-oriented approach to addressing our employees’ technical needs quickly and efficiently. This opportunity will provide a 360 degree view into business operations and what it takes to fuel an enterprise the size & scale of Bloomberg.
Collectively with other interns across Asia, you will work on a design thinking project that enhances our overall support and client experience as well as facilitate data driven business decisions.
Support is coordinated via ticketing systems, over the phone or Instant Message. The role will be a combination of providing remote and desk side support for PCs, Laptops & MACs. In addition to PC support you will have the opportunity to learn more about and support other areas such as Mobile Technology and AV systems. Full training of the Bloomberg software and ticketing systems will be given to the successful candidate.
This is an entry level role where you’ll need:
- To be a current penultimate year tertiary student who will be available for a 10 weeks summer internship from 16 Jun to 25 Aug 2023, and will be available to start their full-time employment with us in 2024.
- A demonstrable interest in Information Technology (example: academic course or work/internship experience or extracurricular activities)
- Self-driven and positive attitude towards learning
- Experience or interest in delivering exceptional customer service through solution focused mindset and high level of interpersonal skills
- Exposure (through school/work/internship) in end-to-end project management with multiple stakeholders
- A strong aptitude in critical thinking, multitasking and attention to details in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with a passion for data and fact-based decision-making, demonstrated through school projects or work experience
- Ability to communicate/present effectively and articulate thought process clearly
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, demonstrated through school projects or work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English