2023 Summer News Internship – Hong Kong
Posted Nov 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 111109
Bloomberg News is one of the world's leading financial news organizations, delivering fast and accurate information on multiple platforms to the people with the most at stake.
If it impacts markets, we'll be there -- breaking news on companies, economies, commodities and government policy to help our ever-expanding audience stay ahead.
We need a constant flow of ideas, energy and innovation -- which is where you come in. We’re looking for interns who are passionate about telling stories and will seize the opportunity to learn from our award-winning journalists. You’ll gain hands on reporting experience, conduct exclusive interviews, dig into data and collaborate with colleagues in our bureaus across the world.
We operate as one newsroom – a collaborative and diverse environment where print, digital and broadcast come together to produce the most accurate content for our readers.
We’re looking for:
- Prior experience and/or demonstrated interest in journalism through work experience or extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong curiosity, a keen interest to learn about the world and uncover surprises
- A passion for news and/or a willingness to dig in and learn about global financial markets, companies and economies
- Availability to work for 10 weeks, beginning from 16 Jun 2023 to 25 Aug 2023
- Expected to graduate from university in 2023 or 2024
- Fluency in English and Chinese
What you’ll need to apply:
- Cover letter
- Preferably three samples of journalistic work on any platform
We are hiring on a rolling basis till our internship program for the year are filled. Our application cut off date is 31st December 2022.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more, visit our YouTube channel "Inside Bloomberg"