APAC Compliance Practices Lead, Hong Kong
Posted Mar 2, 2023 - Requisition No. 114406
Bloomberg’s Legal & Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made of up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognise the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Global Compliance team within Bloomberg’s Legal Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products, including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. We are currently looking for an experienced person in Hong Kong to work with our APAC stakeholders.
What's the role?
We are currently looking for an APAC Compliance Practices Lead to be based in Hong Kong. Reporting to the global head of compliance practices, you will work with the global compliance team, and key legal, risk, and business colleagues, in delivering seven related programs: Regulatory Inquiry and Exam Management, Compliance Risk Assessment, Compliance Monitoring and Testing, Compliance Training, Policy Management, Regulatory Change monitoring, and Issue Management.
Regulatory Inquiry and Exam Management in APAC will be the primary focus of this role. You and the global head of compliance practices will be responsible for centralising, enhancing and globalising compliance practices disciplines, in a manner that builds on the work done by the current compliance subject matter experts in each country and region. You will lead and contribute to a team dedicated to overseeing and conducting these programs across Bloomberg’s businesses. In addition, as your understanding of Bloomberg products develops, you will identify and escalate top and emerging risks to senior management and compliance management.
We'll trust you to:
Support the global head of compliance practices, the global chief compliance officer, each of the regional chief compliance officers, and Bloomberg’s business by:
- Being a global thought-leader and team player on the subject of compliance practices
- Leading the Regulatory Inquiry and Exam Management program in APAC by coordinating the response process to regulators, ensuring the right stakeholders are included and responses are carefully developed and reviewed by appropriate management before being sent to regulators
- Working with the training lead to build on our standards around training development, including globalising the compliance-training development and dissemination process, and assisting with the APAC compliance training program
- Enhancing the protocol for regulatory change management monitoring and tracking. You will be leading the APAC regulatory change management monitoring program
- Enhancing standards around compliance risk assessment, and coordinating or conducting relevant Risk Assessments in APAC, in collaboration with Risk colleagues
- Strengthening compliance monitoring and testing, and coordinating or conducting relevant monitoring and testing routines in APAC on a risk-focused basis
- Enhancing standards around Compliance Policy management, including the form, accessibility, and content of our compliance policies in APAC
- Developing our protocol for Compliance issue management, including metrics for compliance management, and relevant KRIs/KPIs
- Presenting directly to senior management on the above programs
- Managing ad hoc assignments as directed by the global head of compliance practices and APAC chief compliance officer
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 12 years of experience in Compliance, Legal, and/or Risk Management
- Substantial expertise in compliance practices, including Compliance Risk Assessment, Compliance Monitoring & Testing, Compliance Training, Policy Management, Regulatory Change monitoring, and/or Issue Management
- Understanding of regulatory risk management, internal controls, and root cause analysis
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, building and maintaining a network of contacts, and coordinating with several partners across the organisation
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and effective under pressure
- The ability to work creatively and efficiently, to assist with building a program that’s deeply practical, risk-focused, and conscious of business and control partners’ needs
- Strong team player skills in order to guide organisational change and collaborate with key partners across various levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated continues career growth in an organisation
We'd love to see:
- Experience interacting directly with regulators
- International experience, especially in United States, Asia, U.K or the E.U.
- J.D., or other advanced degree
- Experience with operational risk management
- Familiarity with financial markets and products including trading platform and operations
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.