APAC External Relations Professional - Hong Kong
Posted May 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 103560
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government an edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation—which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks.
As part of Bloomberg’s External Relations department, our team is responsible for leading engagement with Government and Regulatory authorities in relation to policy formation impacting Bloomberg and our clients.
Our team builds and maintains a wide and deep network of partners through the organisation of high-level summits and roundtables with key decision makers and senior business leaders. We constructively contribute to the policymaking process by responding to public consultations, participating in expert Working Groups, convening high-level stakeholders and delivering regulatory adherence solutions.
What's the role?
We are looking for an APAC External Relations Professional with a proven track record of strategic regulatory and institutional engagement across APAC. You will work closely with a wide range of colleagues to organise and execute a series of initiatives designed to engage senior decision makers and regulators as they develop policy around capital markets and transparency, digital finance, sustainable finance and investor protection.
As part of your work engaging regulatory institutions in the region on behalf of Bloomberg you will work closely with senior members of our External Relations team in APAC as well as other key colleagues globally. The role can be based in either Hong Kong or Singapore.
We'll trust you to:
- Position Bloomberg as a key stakeholder on important regulatory and policy debates in APAC.
- Engage senior decision makers and regulators within financial markets.
- Support the wider advocacy and engagement priorities of senior members of the External Relations team in the region.
- Design, organise and execute regulatory and policy roundtables, and high-level regulatory conferences and events across APAC.
- Work closely with our Communications and Marketing teams.
You'll need to have:
- 7 years + experience working directly or collaborating with policymakers and regulatory authorities.
- Experience working across multiple jurisdictions in APAC
- Experience working in financial services in a legal, government & regulatory affairs, or Policy Adviser capacity
- Outstanding critical thinking, research, analysis and communication skills.
- Proven track record of being a strong strategic thinker and executor, with outstanding collaboration skills.
- Ability to navigate in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in English to communicate with stakeholders across APAC.
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.