APAC Head of Recruiting – Bloomberg Financial Solutions
Posted Apr 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 102708
Challenging. Surprising. Fast-paced. Purposeful. Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative — and in providing a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. At Bloomberg we work on purpose. All of us engage in meaningful work, delivering leading edge products and solutions that shape the industry and are critical to our customers. You’ll also get to work at a company that lives its values and provides employees with opportunities to give back. Whether you thrive on the energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, or the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough, we’ll give you more than a job. We’ll give you the opportunity to do amazing work you couldn’t do anywhere else.
Who you are:
You are an organized, energetic, creative, and collaborative recruiting leader who believes that talent is the fuel that makes the business world go around. You’ve led teams with aggressive targets and yet you never let quality slip. You know the financial services landscape and just how critical it is to find the right thinkers, doers, analysts, developers, leaders and innovative talent in order to compete in a marketplace of emergent platforms, products and personalities. In alignment with our Diversity strategy, an important objective of this role will be to ensure we are attracting, engaging and retaining diverse talent.
What you’ll do:
You will manage a high caliber, best in class experienced recruiting team covering Bloomberg Financial Solutions across Asia Pacific. Bloomberg Financial Solutions is the most fundamental part of Bloomberg’s commercial, revenue and marketplace strategy. Our business is a dynamic group that includes Customer User Support, Enterprise Sales, Specialist Sales, Enterprise Services, Marketing and Workplace Operations & Supply Chain. Out of the gate you will play in a player-coach role and manage a team of experienced recruiters across Hong Kong, Mainland China, Japan and Singapore whom you will inspire with confidence in your vision and plan.
We’ll trust you to:
- Operate as a player–coach within the Financial Solutions recruiting team, taking the lead recruiting role with various businesses based on critical business challenges and opportunities
- Have a strong development oriented and coaching mindset to cultivate a team of diverse recruiters
- Engage and retain top talent within your own team and the broader recruiting function
- Implement initiatives to foster a high-performance culture, where continuous improvement and change is the norm
- Influence the Global Recruiting Partner to ensure deliverables and strong partnership with the Business Partners, Diversity & Inclusion, Talent Development and Recruiting Operations
- Partner with the various senior business managers and internal HR community to deliver against an aggressive hiring plan while building out our team, systems and processes
- Engage in workforce planning, HR business planning and forecasting as well as establish and track metrics to measure efficiency and effectiveness
- Refine and increase the quality of search delivery, stay abreast of market trends affecting our businesses as well as employment trends
You’ll need to have:
- 10+ years of recruiting experience, including the successful recruitment of experienced and senior-level professionals
- 2+ years of management experience and a successful track record of building, inspiring, managing and developing a recruiting team
- The ability to influence people without direct authority and effectively network within a matrixed organization
- The ability to foster collaboration, maintain open communication and build strong business partnerships
We’d love to see:
- Strategic thinking with the ability to execute on assignments and make decisions independently with limited information
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced environment and have a flexible approach
- You understand what financial people are about and what kinds of roles they play and aspire to – in fact, we’d love it if you already know a bunch of these folks
- Not only do you know your way around state-of-the art recruiting methods and sourcing strategies, you have a couple innovative tricks up your sleeve
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.