APAC Index Product Manager, Hong Kong
Posted Jun 22, 2020 - Requisition No. 83552
Bloomberg offers an innovative perspective on the traditional world of indexing, providing independent and unbiased indices that are broadly available. With expertise in capital markets, technology, data, pricing, analytics, distribution and research, our indices provide the global investment community with comprehensive solutions to fulfil their benchmarking needs across Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, Cross-Asset, Crypto, Index-Linked and ESG. We also provide an array of services to clients interested in custom index development, investable index products designed to offer access to systematic strategies (beta, “smart” beta, and alpha), index administration and calculation agent services.
What’s the Role?
You'll be joining a highly experienced and fast growing APAC Index Product Management team that sits within our Core Financial Products division, based in Hong Kong. Overall responsibility will be working with the team to formulate and execute Bloomberg's APAC index business strategy across index solutions in all asset classes. With a more dedicated focus on the APAC region, you will be focusing on the construction and commercialization of Bloomberg indices, product positioning, as well as helping drive the commercial success of the business, working closely with Sales, Research, Production, Marketing, PR teams, as well as our external clients. You’ll also help develop new Bloomberg terminal analytics that will transform the index industry.
You’re someone that has deep knowledge of the institutional asset management industry, understand index trends, regulation and what our customers need. Coupled with this you’ll be expected to have a talent in extracting meaningful intelligence to be able to contribute to a regional product vision, the business plan's implementation, product design and innovation, the pursuit of strategic partnerships, and the communication of the plan's strategic vision throughout the organisation.
Your excellent interpersonal skills and adaptable communication style will be effective to collaborate across multiple regional and global internal teams and stakeholders, as well as when you’re engaging and partnering with our clients. And let’s not forget about your ability to approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm and take a position when advocating for change and delivering on that.
We’ll trust you to
- Identification of target market, competitive landscape and innovative product offering that will allow Bloomberg to play a major role in benchmark provision in the region
- Contribute meaningfully to the analysis, evaluation and product vision of index product offerings within Bloomberg with expertise in Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity and/or other liquid asset classes
- Communicate your product vision within Bloomberg and build consensus amongst senior leadership team
- Develop and pitch product ideas fulfilling the trends and client needs in APAC, as well as working with clients to implement custom index requests and co-develop custom index solutions, with the goal of developing a sustainable pipeline from clients for innovative solutions
- Interpret complex index methodologies and build financial models to back-test index ideas
- Coordinate and work closely with quant team to implement and automate indices in a robust and efficient manner
- Identify key strategic partnerships opportunities to enable broader distribution of Bloomberg products
- Drive outstanding client engagement, in turn raising brand awareness and market impact of Bloomberg index solutions, through participation in relevant index conferences and panels
- Help plan and coordinate events such as Index Advisory Council meetings and index conference agendas
You’ll need to have:
- 7+ years of hands on product experience in the index industry
- Fluency in English. Additional fluency in Mandarin would be a plus
- A strong academic background in analytical/technical qualifications e.g., Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Statistics
- Broad understanding of the index industry including key products, business dynamics, economic drivers, and critical connectivity partners across key market sub-segments
- Deep knowledge of index construction, product trends and proven track record in index development
- Excellent knowledge of financial markets, securities, and derivatives
- Experience with Python, R and VBA used when working with large data sets
- Strong business development and marketing skills with clear views on product positioning and product adoption strategy
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new business ideas
- Requires strong analytical competencies across operating, market, financial/investment areas; also requires ability to develop thorough, integrated, commercially sound business plans
- Deep understanding of regulations on financial indices and day-to-day governance determinations on index events
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/indices/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.