Posted Jan 12, 2017 - Requisition No. 56460
We are a global business and a financial information and news leader, that gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. Our strength = delivering data, news, and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – and is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally.
Global Procurement is responsible for all direct and indirect spend at Bloomberg. We are a global team that takes pride in working with our internal clients, devising strategies and executing operational tactics based on the dynamic requirements of a fast pace state of the art business.
We are looking for an experienced Regional Procurement Manager to lead our teams in Asia. You will build and maintain relationships with our internal clients and the vendors who support our exciting and dynamic requirements across the whole Asia Pacific region. You will support all business areas in the region such as Facilities, Technical Operations, Financial Products, Media, Global Data, Human Resources and Supply Chain. You will be expected to have a good knowledge of current principles of strategic sourcing, category management, operational purchasing and transaction optimization, whilst also possessing strong negotiating skills and an eye for detail. You will also run talent and career development for our team across APAC with the aim of continuously adding value to our set of services that we provide to the business.
· Lead the Regional Procurement team with respect to strategic direction, operational processes and individual goals. Often, this will require close alignment with teams around the rest of the world and with stakeholders across various businesses
· Utilize and understand best practices and industry trends in Procurement
· Lead regional category supplier relationships and sourcing opportunities, including RFx, reverse and forward auctions, and negotiations if applicable. Determine specifications and requirements for products and services through communication with internal partners and the goals of the business. Lead negotiations and implementation of contractual agreements in partnership with the internal customer and Bloomberg’s Legal department.
· Ensure execution of global strategies with a local flavor and work towards developing a sourcing pipeline with cohesive and value-added and/or cost-saving agreements
· Develop and coach team to build strong and positive relationships with internal clients and the associated vendor base. Manage the vendor base to ensure that contractual compliance, risk management, and financial efficiency.
· Use team to develop market research in sourcing decisions to ensure business objectives and targets are met
· Ensure adherence to the policies and thresholds set by the Global Procurement Team.
· Broad-based experience across supply chain, with particular focus in strategic sourcing, contract negotiation, competitive price analysis, and supplier performance management
· Extensive people management (talent management, performance management) and stakeholder/relationship management experience in a Procurement environment
· Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of executive management
· High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
· Understanding of and experience in contract law and applicable local legislation in Asia
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent technical qualification
· Ability to work independently, under pressure with frequent deadlines
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· SAP, Oracle or other ERP experience. Experience in Ariba (an SAP product) is highly valued.
· Experience across multiple sourcing categories
· Certified Professional Purchaser (CPP) designation / Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS)
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.